ATX psu in a nonstandard hp desktop

I am trying to replace the psu in a prebuilt HP envy TE01-0034 as it's only 180w. I already have a spare cx650m and I know that it isn't compatible out of the box, however I do know that you may solder the 24 pin connector into a smaller 4 pin (as this desktop is powered with 2 4 pins as opposed to a 24 pin) I just am not entirely sure where to start, I have all the tools to do so and I'm up to taking on the challenge. I'm aware that there is no back current protection while doing this so I understand the risks as well. If anyone knows where to start it would be appreciated.

~ MFGoon 

HP has gone a step above here in that not only are the connectors proprietary, but the weird little thin connector for power is almost entirely undocumented.

If you want to upgrade that systems power supply you will need to learn the pinouts of everything with a voltmeter, writing down what pins run what voltage types, and then build your own adapter, because there arent any off the shelf power adapters for this particular type of machine, unlike the more popular old optiplexes which people have made plenty of adapters for.

If you dont own a voltmeter already and know how to use it, this isnt a project for you. 

As far as I can find you need a psu with 12v standby. CX650M has 5v standby what means that it's not going to work.