Dualsense controller behaving strangely

So I've had my dualsense controller for a few months now and have been using it with my laptop. Now for some reason the lightbar is changing to red mid-game. The game? Well, anything reallyb but right now I'm playing lego batman 2, which i'm pretty sure is too old to have any lightbar features. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Update: I've narrowed it down to an issue with ds4windows. The Steam controller API doesn't seem to have an issue.

When turning off ds4windows without disconnecting the controller, the controller's lightbar turns off, although I think it might still be connected because the lightbar does not respond to pressing the PS button.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just a thought, I think ds4windows has a feature that changes the colour to red when you have high latency.
No idea if that is the issue or if it even applies to the Dualsense but worth a look.

On 3/24/2021 at 2:30 PM, Dixie_N said:

Hey, just a thought, I think ds4windows has a feature that changes the colour to red when you have high latency.
No idea if that is the issue or if it even applies to the Dualsense but worth a look.

This! DS4 tool randomly had issues on my Bluetooth adapter before I updated the drivers. It would go red, then flash red, and it would be pretty much unplayable. Using a cable fixes the problem of course, but if that's not ideal/not an option, make sure your BT drivers are updated, make sure you don't have too much interference from other wireless (wifi and/or bluetooth) devices, or possibly try a different BT adapter. If you can reposition your BT adapter, go for it. I know some people get USB extensions just for mice/controller latency and it works great for them.