USB Randomly stops working

Go to solution Solved by WhitetailAni,

You are most likely afflicted by the B550/X570 USB disconnect bug, as I can see you have an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge motherboard.

AMD has announced that they are releasing a fix, coming in April, via AGESA 1.2.0.1.

There is no other way to fix it right now I believe.

Hi, I plugged in my USB stick into my computer and it restarted it. Once it loaded it wasn't showing up even if I took it out and back in. I then put it in my laptop and I could then see it and I then could open stuff inside, thinking it was all good I put it back in my main pc but got nothing, not even the light showed on the USB stick, I went back to the laptop and then got nothing again. I have tried other USB sticks and they still work. When I touch the USB when I plug it in it gets warm still but there is still no light or sign of it on my computer (disk manager, device manager etc).  

Its like it stopped working, then worked, then just stopped working again. I am going to try some more machines in the morning, any help would be nice (if there is any to give).

Is this stick dead, it isn't that old and it is one of my favourites. 

You are most likely afflicted by the B550/X570 USB disconnect bug, as I can see you have an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge motherboard.

AMD has announced that they are releasing a fix, coming in April, via AGESA 1.2.0.1.

elephants

12 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Thanks for this information, will wait for the fix and see if it fixes my problem!