Screen Tearing Help

ninobiem

Hi, I have recently bought a new gaming pc. In CS:GO I usually get around 170 fps in the highest settings and I have a 60 hertz monitor. But I experience screen tearing in CS:GO. How do I fix this with te least amount of input lag? I have AMD radeon software, so that could potentially solve the problem. Thank you in advance!

u could try capping ur fps. if u cap it to 60fps, that might be able to eliminate screen tearing. i always cap my fps in games so im not overworking my pc

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

3 minutes ago, King of Memes said:

u could try capping ur fps. if u cap it to 60fps, that might be able to eliminate screen tearing. i always cap my fps in games so im not overworking my pc

Doesn’t that increase input lag or am I wrong? I would like to play competitive!

38 minutes ago, ninobiem said:

Doesn’t that increase input lag or am I wrong? I would like to play competitive!

well, it rly isnt that much. Here, ill show u how it works. this is how often frames are displayed on monitors: 

60hz - every 16.67 ms

75hz - 13.33 ms

144hz - 6.94 ms

240hz - 4.17 ms

360hz - 2.78 ms

And for about 170 fps, which is what ur getting, new frames are being delivered around every 5.88 ms. But since ur only seeing frames every 16.67 ms, it wont rly make much of a difference. And the difference that it will make is much better IMO than screen tearing. 

I hope this helped you understand it 🙂 i dont think capping ur fps will make a huge difference. And I've heard it eliminates screen tearing.

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

I don't know if this would work, but I wonder if limiting your framerate to 120 FPS (exactly double your refresh rate) would reduce or stop the tearing, since the refresh cycles would match up to frames at a clean 2:1. (Or maybe that only means the tear will always be dead-center on screen... 😛) Just something to try, I guess.

To my knowledge there isn't really a "fix" though. If your framerate exceeds your monitor's refresh rate, you'll often see tearing.

If you want to play competitive buy a real monitor. I’m not trying to sound like a jerk but if you only have a 60 Hz one now the input lag is probably bad on it to

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x