Gaming PC - Windows Lock Screen Issue

moonrises-uk

Hi There,

First time posting here, hoping somebody can help me out / point me in the right direction.

I've had my PC for less than 6 months and up until now it's generally been fine (aside from a hard-disk issue, which I replaced). 

However, recently the computer has started randomly going onto the lock screen, I can be playing a game, typing in Word or even doing absolutely nothing... It will end up randomly locking. Sometimes it can be a few seconds, other times it can be fine for hours before it does it again, there seems to be no reason behind it.

The one thing I have noticed, is that when it locks, something weird happens with the RGB lighting inside the machine. It goes from a rainbow effect to flickering (almost as if something is restarting); although it's not the same sequence as when the computer starts up or wakes up.

For reference, I have the ASUS ROG GA35DX with Ryzen 7 3700X and RTX 2070 Super.

If someone could help me out you would be an absolute hero, because this is at times unusable. 

Thanks in advance!

Update: may have found the issue here, I think the Keystone for my system may be malfunctioning. The configuration in Armoury Crate was to lock the PC and show a lighting effect when removed. This behaviour matches what is happening in the video. I made a change shortly after posting this and so far, no issues. Fingers crossed this is the cause!