Upgrading an old PC.

LincALot
Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,

Yeah save up some more, 210 usd isn't enough for much, unless you get some other old stuff. You'll basically need a new system at this point. So ~1000 USD or something like that should get you a decent PC.

Budget (including currency):  210 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Call Of Duty, Overwatch, Grand Theft Auto. Many more.

Other details : I wish to try and upgrade my ram and Motherboard at this current point in time but I am struggling to find the right parts in my budget. I will be playing on 60Hz monitor and hoping to get at least 60 Frames in my games (My call of duty currently runs at 15 and crashes all the time).

unknown (1).png

Yeah save up some more, 210 usd isn't enough for much, unless you get some other old stuff. You'll basically need a new system at this point. So ~1000 USD or something like that should get you a decent PC.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Wow, that is a ridiculously high temp for your motherboard.

I'd say the same thing, save up so you can get better upgrades.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

29 minutes ago, Jayzer said:

Wow, that is a ridiculously high temp for your motherboard.

I'd say the same thing, save up so you can get better upgrades.

Didn't even see that. Yes that's insane

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

If you want to force an update with your limited budget, 

your best bet may be buying a used Dell Optiplex.

Take MoBo, RAM and CPU from there and use your GPU, PSU, Case and storage. 

Sell off what remains unused (bonus points if you can get a running system with the redundant parts) and put that aside to fund a new

GPU once the prices go down again.