New build, No POST

Go to solution Solved by Somestupidboi,

Fixed

Looks like there was a display but my 1440p monitor couldn't detect it. Tried using 1080p and found it.

Hi there as the title says.

Need help pls 馃槥

MB: X570 Tomahawk Wi-Fi (updated to聽7C84v15 using my old R5 2600.)

CPU: R5 5600X

GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3070 OC.

RAM: Hyper X 3200 CL16 8GBx2 (Both working as I tested it on diff build.)

NVME: Samsung Evo 970 500GB.

PSU: Corsair RM750

Troubleshooting:聽

Tried booting everything fresh outside the box, There was power but no post. EZ debug BOOT LED was steadily on.

Updated MB BIOS to聽7C84v15 using my old R5 2600, Managed to update it and got post using 2600 but after switching to 5600X same thing happen.

Tried adding SSD with Windows OS on it and now there's currently no EZ Debug LED. But still no post.

Are you sure the computer is currently not posting? From the explanation I think you are getting somewhat confused about what no POST means. POST stands for Power On Self Test during which all necessary components to complete the post are checked. Boot devices are not part of this process. Therefore, if the board was lighting up the聽BOOT debug LED, this would mean that the POST was actually completed, but no primary drive with an OS on it was detected. Adding an SSD with Windows on it will have resolved that issue.聽

If you are currently not getting any of the debug LEDs to light up this could mean only one thing - you are actually booted up into Windows, but you are not getting an image on the screen. Whether the issue is with the cabling, connectors or the screen you are using, this is for you to figure out.聽

There is also another simple way to check if the device is posting or not. Press the CAPS LOCK button. If it lights up, then the computer has completed the POST successfully.聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO:ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme聽| RAM:4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks聽| GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs:Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD聽| HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive聽| PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition |聽Build Log:here

4 minutes ago, Analog said:

Are you sure the computer is currently not posting? From the explanation I think you are getting somewhat confused about what no POST means. POST stands for Power On Self Test during which all necessary components to complete the post are checked. Boot devices are not part of this process. Therefore, if the board was lighting up the聽BOOT debug LED, this would mean that the POST was actually completed, but no primary drive with an OS on it was detected. Adding an SSD with Windows on it will have resolved that issue.聽

If you are currently not getting any of the debug LEDs to light up this could mean only one thing - you are actually booted up into Windows, but you are not getting an image on the screen. Whether the issue is with the cabling, connectors or the screen you are using, this is for you to figure out.聽

There is also another simple way to check if the device is posting or not. Press the CAPS LOCK button. If it lights up, then the computer has completed the POST successfully.聽

Yep looks like I didn't know the exact meaning of POST.

My apologies.

Well basically there's no display whenever I'm using the 5600X. Pretty sure it's not the GPU as I have an extra 1050Ti here that was working when I updated the bios. And still using it.

Basically everything works til I switch back to 5600X. Just want some confirmation if it's indeed bad procie. Not really used to updating bios but I'm quite sure I updated it to the latest version, not the beta tho. I used the M Flash on the bios and used a Fat32 drive.

8 minutes ago, Somestupidboi said:

Yep looks like I didn't know the exact meaning of POST.

My apologies.

Well basically there's no display whenever I'm using the 5600X. Pretty sure it's not the GPU as I have an extra 1050Ti here that was working when I updated the bios. And still using it.

5 minutes ago, Somestupidboi said:

Basically everything works til I switch back to 5600X. Just want some confirmation if it's indeed bad procie. Not really used to updating bios but I'm quite sure I updated it to the latest version, not the beta tho. I used the M Flash on the bios and used a Fat32 drive.

I am pretty sure a processor cannot cause a no image issue, especially if said processor has no integrated graphics like the 5600X. If the BIOS was not updated to the correct version and the processor was not being recognized, you would get the CPU debug LED to light up and the POST would not be completed. This is my reasoning why it can't be processor-related.聽

Remove the RTX 3070 and put in the GTX 1050Ti. Leave the 5600X in. See if you get an image.

Edit: are you actually able to get into the BIOS? Meaning you do see an image on the screen during the POST process?聽

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO:ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme聽| RAM:4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks聽| GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs:Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD聽| HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive聽| PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition |聽Build Log:here

5 minutes ago, Analog said:

I am pretty sure a processor cannot cause a no image issue, especially if said processor has no integrated graphics like the 5600X. If the BIOS was not updated to the correct version and the processor was not being recognized, you would get the CPU debug LED to light up and the POST would not be completed. This is my reasoning why it can't be processor-related.聽

Remove the RTX 3070 and put in the GTX 1050Ti. Leave the 5600X in. See if you get an image.

Edit: are you actually able to get into the BIOS? Meaning you do see an image on the screen during the POST process?聽

Yeah I managed to get it in to BIOS when I was using the 2600 + 1050TI and that's where I updated the MB's bios. In fact I'm currently using the 1050Ti and the 5600X and still no display.聽

1 minute ago, Somestupidboi said:

Yeah I managed to get it in to BIOS when I was using the 2600 + 1050TI and that's where I updated the MB's bios

That part I understood.聽I mean now, with the RTX 3070 and the 5600X, do you see anything on the screen? Anything at all?聽

Also try the 5600X + 1050Ti see if you get an image.聽

3 minutes ago, Analog said:

That part I understood.聽I mean now, with the RTX 3070 and the 5600X, do you see anything on the screen? Anything at all?聽

Also try the 5600X + 1050Ti see if you get an image.聽

Sorry I kinda edited my last reply.

Yep I when I tried the 5600X + 3070 it doesn't have display. so I tried using the 1050Ti as I thought it might be a bad GPU, but still no display.

Update聽

I'm getting a display using R5 2600 + 3070. But no display with 5600X + 3070.

Fixed

Looks like there was a display but my 1440p monitor couldn't detect it. Tried using 1080p and found it.