Pixel 5 slow

Zeurpiet13
Go to solution Solved by Albert F,

settings> apps> apps with special access > usage access> digital wellbeing> OFF. Try it and let me know how it goes 

Anybody else having this problem? The Pixel 5 is a great phone I love it. Great screen, good size, stock android and great battery life. 

But even waking up the phone from sleep is taking ages. When it wakes up the clock is displaying the time it went to sleep and needs a couple of seconds to refresh. The screen will blink and then I can operate the phone.

When somebody calls me the dialer will not react and the phone will crash. Scrolling thru the notification panel can be a pain in the ass as well because it is all jittery.

I have done a factory reset, there is 20gb left of storage. And I don't do weird shit with it. I use it primarily for spotify, whatsapp, telegram, phonecalls and taking photo's.

I'm thinking about switching to the sony 5 II becasue of this. The thing is I think that phone is too big.

Are there any Pixel fans out there having these problems? I've had a pixel since the Pixel 2.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro-Intel Core i7 2600-Corsair H100i-AMD Radeon R9 290-Corsair H90-Asus P8Z77-LX-8GB DDR3-Cooler Master V650-Crucial SSD-Seagate HDD-Logitech G502-Dali Zensor 1-Philips FR996-Sennheiser HD8 DJ

Disclaimer: I don't own a Pixel 5.

I think it's safe to assume that you have a defective unit. If this was a common issue there would be a lot of backlash everywhere. I'd get it replaced under warranty if you can.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

settings> apps> apps with special access > usage access> digital wellbeing> OFF. Try it and let me know how it goes 

2 hours ago, DriftMan said:

Have you considered going for a custom ROM?

Edit: I'm an idiot, I was thinking about the Nexus 5 and thought "well, that's one old phone isn't it"

haha, also a good phone, I miss mine 😞

Phanteks Enthoo Pro-Intel Core i7 2600-Corsair H100i-AMD Radeon R9 290-Corsair H90-Asus P8Z77-LX-8GB DDR3-Cooler Master V650-Crucial SSD-Seagate HDD-Logitech G502-Dali Zensor 1-Philips FR996-Sennheiser HD8 DJ

2 hours ago, Albert F said:

That did the trick!!! Idk why this had so much impact but thank you! 😄

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Disclaimer: I don't own a Pixel 5.

I think it's safe to assume that you have a defective unit. If this was a common issue there would be a lot of backlash everywhere. I'd get it replaced under warranty if you can.

Thought the same thing eventually but thanks to Albert's tip it's working great now. I've never seen the screen this smooth.