RTX 3080 Build

Budget (including currency): Unlimited as I'm saving for parts one by one. (But would be GBP)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Pretty much any new game and any new releases that come out. Blender for 3D rendering iswell. 

Other details: So I'm pretty much looking to completely replace my old pc (Asides from my corsair vengeance 16GB RAM. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/XxRescueRabbitxX/saved/#view=NvM4Mp is the build I have in mind. 

I have 16 GB DDR4 RAM and also a spare 500GB SSD drive I can slot into this build. I was wondering on what your guys opinions are on if there's anything I could improve, if I could downgrade anything to spare cost but try to maximise effectiveness. Just any suggestions as honestly this will be my second PC build ever. 

My current GPU is a Radeon RX Vega 56 and a Ryzen 5 1600X CPU and has been giving me alot of problems lately. 

Thank you for the help everyone! 

Switched your board to a more decent one.

Not sure if your RAM has CL16 (the higher the number, the slower), but if it does, I suggest switching it out with RAM with slower CAS latency, like Crucial Ballistix.

(Also don't mind the 970 Evo I put, it's just to fill in the SSD spot)

Try your best to find the 3080 at it's MSRP price, otherwise you can spend juuust a bit extra, or better yet if you want, just wait for the shortage to stop.

Changed your casing.

Upped the wattage for the PSU to clear out room for the PC, and for future upgrades.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

15 hours ago, Jayzer said:

Not sure if your RAM has CL16 (the higher the number, the slower), but if it does, I suggest switching it out with RAM with slower CAS latency, like Crucial Ballistix.

Try your best to find the 3080 at it's MSRP price, otherwise you can spend juuust a bit extra, or better yet if you want, just wait for the shortage to stop.

Changed your casing.

Upped the wattage for the PSU to clear out room for the PC, and for future upgrades.

How easy to install is the liquid cooler? I've honestly never installed a liquid cooler ever before so I'm a tad nervous about it as I don't want to flood my pc as I'm building it lol. 

Love the actual parts you put in though and especially that case! 

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBurr said:

Love the actual parts you put in though and especially that case! 

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBurr said:

How easy to install is the liquid cooler? I've honestly never installed a liquid cooler ever before so I'm a tad nervous about it as I don't want to flood my pc as I'm building it lol. 

Unfortunately, as much as I want to tell you how to install liquid coolers, I don't have any experience with them whatsoever.

BUT, I have a video link from NZXT themselves that will hopefully help you: 

Hope this will help.

<famous quote>

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7MqY7X

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£403.20 @ Newegg UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£72.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£159.66 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£87.99 @ Box Limited) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£86.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£97.99 @ Corsair UK) 
Total: £908.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-01 14:40 GMT+0000

Better board and CPU and case. 8 cores should be perfectly fine for your workload  although you could switch back to the 3900x for the extra 4 cores as the 5900x is out of stock right now. I would recommend building this system now and re using the Vega 56 until you can snag yourself a 3080. ( if you want to increase your chances of  getting one turn on stock notifiers ect.) I left the RAM out as it sounds like you could carry it over if its DDR4 16GB, what speed is it? Ryzen does prefer faster RAM.

Edit: I usually prefer air cooling as in general its better and cheaper, you are loosing out on some aesthetic elements but I think the Pro 4 looks quite good.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

On 2/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Jayzer said:

Changed your casing.

Where are you getting £525 from for a 3080FE ? That gpu is listed on Nvidia's website at £649.

Well he's got the budget for it, so I guess he can buy it from NVIDIA.

Unless he wants to wait out the shortage.

<famous quote>