Bottlenecking

TRL T1tan

I’m pretty sure my pc is being bottlenecked but I’m not sure and I don’t know what I should do to fix. I don’t know if my gpu or cpu is being bottlenecked. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, EVGA GTX 1060 6gb and 16 gb of 3600Mhz ram. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, TRL T1tan said:

I’m pretty sure my pc is being bottlenecked but I’m not sure and I don’t know what I should do to fix. I don’t know if my gpu or cpu is being bottlenecked. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, EVGA GTX 1060 6gb and 16 gb of 3600Mhz ram. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. 

There does seem like there may be a small bottleneck. Nothing too bad, though. The 3700x is a powerful processor. The GPU is still pretty good these days, but a little underpowered for the 3700x.

The 16GB 3600Mhz is a great fit for the 3700x

I would not worry TOO much about a bottleneck at the moment. But, when the GPU stock returns to normal(The GPU market is TERRIBLE right now) I would recommend an upgrade to something like a RTX 3060 Ti or a RTX 2070.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

What is the workload? 

If it is gaming, the bottleneck is almost definitely the GPU, as it is an aging low-mid range card. The CPU will have strong performance still, being high end for last generation. In this case, the GPU will be the first thing to replace if better gaming performance is what you are after. Sadly, however, GPU's are hard to come by at a reasonable price right now, so good luck.

1 hour ago, TRL T1tan said:

Yeah check in-person stores, they are the ones selling at close to msrp because scalping makes your rep take a hit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 11:56 PM, TheInfinityBacon said:

What is the workload? 

If it is gaming, the bottleneck is almost definitely the GPU, as it is an aging low-mid range card. The CPU will have strong performance still, being high end for last generation. In this case, the GPU will be the first thing to replace if better gaming performance is what you are after. Sadly, however, GPU's are hard to come by at a reasonable price right now, so good luck.

I mostly use the pc for gaming, and i sometimes do some productive work like class stuff and some video editing sometimes. I appreciate the help i guess i'm just going to have to wait for there to be more stock of gpu's.