XBOX controller not working in games?

PacuFTW

Hello!

I've just completed my build, and I immediately have a problem about my XBOX One controller on my PC.

The problem is that I am unable to use it in games. I've tried it in Rocket League, where it just simply didn't got any input whatsoever. And in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, where the audio got muted, and then I was unable to use it. (Also noticed that while it was loading up it sad Controller got disconnected and connected, while it was off multiple times)
What is also confusing, is that the XBOX accessories app input recognises it perfectly, and every button works. It's only games that have this problem.

What I tried:

Trying to update firmware.
Trying wired modem (I have the wireless USB dongle for it.)
Restarting PC multiple times, but to no avail.

What should I do to fix this? It worked perfectly fine on my last PC.

On 2/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, PacuFTW said:

Hello!

I've just completed my build, and I immediately have a problem about my XBOX One controller on my PC.

The problem is that I am unable to use it in games. I've tried it in Rocket League, where it just simply didn't got any input whatsoever. And in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, where the audio got muted, and then I was unable to use it. (Also noticed that while it was loading up it sad Controller got disconnected and connected, while it was off multiple times)
What is also confusing, is that the XBOX accessories app input recognises it perfectly, and every button works. It's only games that have this problem.

What I tried:

Trying to update firmware.
Trying wired modem (I have the wireless USB dongle for it.)
Restarting PC multiple times, but to no avail.

What should I do to fix this? It worked perfectly fine on my last PC.

Are you using a front USB port in all cases? If so try a rear one