What router should i get?

SaifaFox

im on Time Warner Cable and im on their Road runner super high speed internet. they just hooked up the fiber optic line that goes into the house. my internet speed sucks....its worse than when i had their regular internet. im supposed to get 55-60Mbps but i get 4.2Mbps. they gave me a Ubee wireless router/modem and personally i feel the range on that sucks. im about 15 to 20 ft away and my pc only gets 4 out of 5 bars. and i cant play games on line and netflix gets fuzzy, hd, then back to fuzzy. so what do i need to do or what should i buy to fix the problem with my speed. (btw Comcast is going to be buying out twc in my area soon)

Game On :)

Then yeah, the range would suck. Why are you trying to game on wireless anyway? Run a cable?

im about 15 to 20 ft away and my pc only gets 4 out of 5 bars.

Better than mine, I could be in the same room and only get 2 out of 5.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Asus N66u, and it might just be time Warner not your router

ill check that out. its not twc because i can go to a friends house and game all day no lag or anything with 40 to 50mbps.

Then yeah, the range would suck. Why are you trying to game on wireless anyway? Run a cable?

id run a cable but my parents wouldnt like me puting cables through walls in the house lol.

Better than mine, I could be in the same room and only get 2 out of 5.

lol that sucks man. what internet do you have?

ill check that out. its not twc because i can go to a friends house and game all day no lag or anything with 40 to 50mbps.

id run a cable but my parents wouldnt like me puting cables through walls in the house lol.

lol that sucks man. what internet do you have?

I run a 60MB connection but my routers wireless SUCKS, but I only use wireless on my Ipod touch and takes around 15 - 20 seconds to load a page, but I never use my Ipod touch for internet, and everything else is using cables.

powerline adapters.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

hm that video had some good info. straight connection is so fast. maybe i can try them out. thank you for the info.