DisplayPort Daisy Chaining

TheGeek2448

Any idea if this is still the case? I have a T440s so it has native 1.2 Displayport. First link would be a U2415 and the last either DVI or HDMI.

Thanks!

It is still the case, DisplayPort daisy-chaining will only work when chaining to DP inputs. Confirmed this just now with a U2414H to a PA248Q via a DP-to-HDMI cable. Getting a "no signal" through the HDMI input.

Thank you!

Any idea of why this is the case? The final monitor in a chain doesn't have to be DP 1.2 so I can't think of a reason why this doesn't work.

Thank you!

Any idea of why this is the case? The final monitor in a chain doesn't have to be DP 1.2 so I can't think of a reason why this doesn't work.

Daisy-chaining only works via multi-stream transport which is a DisplayPort protocol, so only DP-to-DP connections would work. When you use a HDMI/DVI adapter cable your DP output port basically switches modes to output HDMI/DVI type signals instead of DP. But if you are using a daisy-chain setup then it has to operate in DisplayPort mode, so no HDMI/DVI signals unfortunately.

Thank you!

Do you know if a DisplayPort hub would work? (from the Hub to the two different monitors - 1 DP and 1 HDMI/DVI)