LG 27GN950 HDR calibration

Stahlmann

Hello good people,

i've just got a new LG 27GN950 and I'm very happy with the monitor. I used a i1DisplayPro Plus and DisplayCal to fully calibrate the monitor. (First setting the correct whitepoint and brightness using the monitor's OSD, then creating a ICC profile for the rest.)

Now i have the problem that i cannot control any color settings in the OSD as soon as i enable HDR. (like with most monitors) Thing is, the white point in HDR is way off and is tinted very green-ish, so HDR is basically not useable imo. And creating a ICC profile without any whitepoint adjustments is giving me very bad results.

I know this monitor will not give a high-end HDR experience (I have my OLED TV for that), but i thought due to it's HDR 600 certification and entry-level local dimming i can still get something that is better than SDR in most cases. However, when i'm not able to get an accurate image for HDR, i'll just end up running my stuff in calibrated SDR.

Is it somehow possible to properly calibrate the HDR mode on this monitor?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.