Unfixeable Read only USB drive.

LookAss

I'm a broke highschooler fixing PCs and Playstations for a little extra cash. Got my neighbours PS2 that I Jailbroke and the disc reader on it is broken. Purchased for him a generic 32GB USB drive (which I can't really afford myself) and and started putting games on it. I had to use a program called USBUtil to split the .iso files so they can fit on a Fat32 format. Went all good with the first 4 games and on the fifth it stopped with a wierd error. I probbably locked it then somehow in the program and the drive is locked with read only. I tried to fix it in every possible way, using cmd, regedit and programs for it. They all say that the action is complete and succesfull but it's not. It just goes back to it. Restarted my PC multiple times and tried again but nothing. Also, I have an empty folder called DVD and the .iso files on the root of the USB. In properties of the files the only file with the read only checked is the empty "DVD" folder. I uncheck it, press apply, go to properties and the checkmark goes back. Is my USB Toast or is there a way to force it out of read only?

Was it a cheap USB stick? It's common for USB Drives to switch to read only mode when they are dying in order to protect what data is on the drive. 

It was on the cheaper side. But still, its new.