need help with choosing power supply

NoscibleDart212

ryzen 3 3200g gtx 1650 super builid. have 2 psu options, cooler master MWE 550w bronze and corsair CV450W bronze, which one is better? 

if it is the MVWE bronze V2 it is better. otherwise they are pretty identical.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Here's a tech tip. Double the wattage of your system. Then, find a 80+ bronze or better PSU with above or equal to that double wattage. There's your PSU.

1 hour ago, WikiForce said:

CM, higher wattage and slightly better quality unit if i am not mistaken

1 hour ago, jrhaberland said:

You could always check out the PSU tier list if you want to know how good they are.

1 hour ago, IceChes said:

Here's a tech tip. Double the wattage of your system. Then, find a 80+ bronze or better PSU with above or equal to that double wattage. There's your PSU.

im thinking about getting the cv650 bronze plus, the main reason im asking is if im gonna have any trouble with it, like if it doesnt work or if theres something to worry about. im in a very tight budget so i cant afford buying another one or sending it back because i live in morocco. thank you for the answers tho, appreciated.

15 hours ago, NoscibleDart212 said:

im thinking about getting the cv650 bronze plus, the main reason im asking is if im gonna have any trouble with it, like if it doesnt work or if theres something to worry about. im in a very tight budget so i cant afford buying another one or sending it back because i live in morocco. thank you for the answers tho, appreciated.

Yeah that PSU should work for your system, it just might be a little limiting in the future when you go to upgrade your system.

650w for a system that takes 200w max isn't a good deal. Better a good quality 400w than a mediocore 650w. Do you have a link to the shop where you want to buy the psu?

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

650w for a system that takes 200w max isn't a good deal. Better a good quality 400w than a mediocore 650w. Do you have a link to the shop where you want to buy the psu?

yes i do have the link, its just that every psu thats gold rated is 100$+ and best  i can do is 70$. heres the link tho, u can translate to english. Achat / vente Alimentations PC au meilleur prix au Maroc (ultrapc.ma)

3 hours ago, jrhaberland said:

Yeah that PSU should work for your system, it just might be a little limiting in the future when you go to upgrade your system.

i dont think i would ever upgrade dont play any demanding titles, and i only do light programming

20 hours ago, IceChes said:

For what reason exactly? So that the buyer wastes money on something he will never fully use? Also 80+ certificate has nothing to do with the quality of a PSU. Don't know why you mentioned it.

32 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

That's not much choice. The best you can get under 1000MAD is CV650.

yeah that is really sad, i had to drop from a r5 3600 to a 3200g to fit  more stuff in my build. i am just not ready to have a psu fry the components i spent months saving for.

35 minutes ago, Tautedorus said:

For what reason exactly? So that the buyer wastes money on something he will never fully use? Also 80+ certificate has nothing to do with the quality of a PSU. Don't know why you mentioned it.

its okay if i get more wattage than what i need, just want a safe unit that has a good reputation, because returns are gonna be a pain in the butt and i dont want to fry my components

2 hours ago, Tautedorus said:

So that you have room to upgrade in the future, and so you get a better lifetime out of your parts.

Edited by IceChes
Oops. Typo.

Just now, IceChes said:

So that you have room to upgrade in the future, and so you get a better lifetime out of you rparts.

Higher wattage power supply doesn't improve lifetime of components in any way.

Just now, Tautedorus said:

Higher wattage power supply doesn't improve lifetime of components in any way.

Yeah, but higher efficiency does. Low efficiency just means that most of the power going into the PSU unit is being turned into heat. Heat is not good for electronics. That's why things like CPU coolers exist.

1 hour ago, IceChes said:

Yeah, but higher efficiency does. Low efficiency just means that most of the power going into the PSU unit is being turned into heat. Heat is not good for electronics. That's why things like CPU coolers exist.

A power supply doesn't blow hot air into a PC case. So no, higher efficiency doesn't affect component longevity at all.

8 minutes ago, Tautedorus said:

A power supply doesn't blow hot air into a PC case. So no, higher efficiency doesn't affect component longevity at all.

but it does get hot itself and the hotter it is the more likely it is to fail or burn 

That's why there is a fan in the psu. To keep it cool.

The difference between Bronze and Gold is 5%. For the systeem of OP it means less than 10w at full load. That 10w of heat doesn't make sense.