Nextcloud/Apache2 Help

Netratt

Hello everyone,

I need a bit of help with nextcloud or apache2 server. I have bit of mess situation because i had to use a VPN to create a punch-hole throught the firewall at the office location to use nextcloud remotely.

Anyway everything works properly but i wanted to add a domain that i own to access it, the only problem is that as it should be port 80,443 ,etc are closed by default on all vpn's.The VPN doesn't have the option for DDNS(like some do,i know) but i can use port-forwarding and it works great.

My issue is i have www.example.com as the domain but godaddy doesn't allow me(as i expected, may be wrong) to add the A record "xx.xx.xx.xx:portX" since it expects 80&443 as the default. All i can do is forward towards the IP address and after i get redirected in the browser what i see is xx.yy.ww.zz:portX/index.php but it is so annoying not being able to make it appear as my domain example.com... Plus i want to create a proper certificate for that domain,not a self generated/signed one.

In the apache config i added the "ServerName www.example.com and also ServerAlias example.com",works great as an local-lan "domain".

Is this just because of the limitation & safety measures of the VPN use itself(i suspect it is)? or maybe i misconfigured something in the apache server ?

I did my fair share of looking around for a solution but i feel stuck.

Thanks