Help with a mid-range build

Budget (including currency): 1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: some 1080p gaming, mostly malware analysis so I'll need a couple of VMs)

Hi peeps,

This is my first build so bear with me 😄

I'm trying to get a mid-range build and I've decided to get a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I live in Egypt so Ryzen 5000 series CPUs are not available atm 😢

I need help picking a motherboard, GPU, RAM and PSU.

I looked at the Gigabyte B550 Aorus elite V2 and it looks cool but I wanna know what you think!

Thanks 🙂

12 hours ago, Meeena said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: some 1080p gaming, mostly malware analysis so I'll need a couple of VMs)

Hi peeps,

I'm trying to get a mid-range build and I've decided to get a Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I live in Egypt so Ryzen 5000 series CPUs are not available atm 😢

I looked at the Gigabyte B550 Aorus elite V2 and it looks cool but I wanna know what you think!

Thanks 🙂

Ryzen 7 3700x + B550 mobo + rtx 2060 + 16 or 32GB of ram (as you u said that you will be running VMs) + a case with good air flow + Cooler Master Hyper 212x + Corsair CX600 600W PSU

i didnt use pcpp, i visited the site and the prices were almost broke! - if you need a listing with pcpp, i will do it for you!

hey! i know to use a computer

4 hours ago, Meeena said:

Hi peeps,

Thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, hirusha.adikari said:

Ryzen 7 3700x + rtx 2060 + 16 or 32GB of ram (as you u said that you will be running VMs) + a case with good air flow + Cooler Master Hyper 212x + Corsair CX600 600W PSU

i didnt use pcpp, i visited the site and the prices were almost broke! - if you need a listing with pcpp, i will do it for you!

Thanks ❤️

50 minutes ago, Avocado417 said:

Thanks ❤️

One more question: this MoBo is better then the b550 aorus elite v2?

‘You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.’ –Richard Branson

2 hours ago, Avocado417 said:

Looks fine, but 5600XTS are almost certainly not coming back in stock (even for 50 over msrp), this has a bad PSU, and this is a U.S build. Market doesn’t apply to him at all due to him being in Egypt 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

3 hours ago, Downkey said:

Looks fine, but 5600XTS are almost certainly not coming back in stock (even for 50 over msrp), this has a bad PSU, and this is a U.S build. Market doesn’t apply to him at all due to him being in Egypt 

then why he say 1000 usd

6 hours ago, Downkey said:

You're probably right. I might go with 1660 super or ti.

And as for the PSU, could you recommend something from these sites if you have the time?

https://hankerz.com.eg/product-category/power/

http://barakacomputer.net/category/12/power-supplies

3 hours ago, Avocado417 said:

then why he say 1000 usd

My budget is the equivalent of 1k USD 

and the price difference is rly low.

For example the Ryzen 5 3600 costs about 200 USD in the states and it costs around 3500 - 3600 EGP or ~230 USD here in Egypt.