Help with fan setup

Gibbo

Hello everyone!

I am currently coming to the final stages of getting all of the parts for my first full build, an I'm a little confused on what the best fan placement/practice is to keep my componenets as cool as possible.

I imagine the best thing to do is to provide a brief overview of my setup:

Ryzen 5900x

3080 Founders Edition

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

Phanteks Ethoo 719

NZXT Kraken Z63

64 GB Trident Z RGB

Sabrent Rocket SSD

Corsair HX1000 PSU

I've attatched a VERY primitive diagram of what I *think* the best set up is for my case, with everything in red being intake and everything in blue being exhaust.

I do slightly worry that with my AIO being front mounted and my other intake fans being on the bottom of the case I wont get enough air through my intake, but to be honest im such an amatuer at this im thinking I might be talking nonsense.

I haven't 100% decided on what fans I am getting yet, if im going to go full RGB with the Corsair LL or use Noctua fans.

Any input/help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

phanteks719.jpg

First, in a standard fan layout case like this I would recommend neutral pressure as apposed to positive like you have (more intake than exhaust). Second, the rad being on the front should be absolutely fine and while it will increase the heat of the air coming in, it won't hurt airflow much especially if you have other intake not attached to the rad.

Thank you for the very quick reply!

To neutralise my air pressure what would you recommend? do you think removing the extra intake fan from the front would suffice, or should i do that and set one of the bottom fans up as exhaust.

Thanks!

On 1/26/2021 at 11:00 AM, Gibbo said:

Hello everyone!

I am currently coming to the final stages of getting all of the parts for my first full build, an I'm a little confused on what the best fan placement/practice is to keep my componenets as cool as possible.

I imagine the best thing to do is to provide a brief overview of my setup:

Ryzen 5900x

3080 Founders Edition

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero

Phanteks Ethoo 719

NZXT Kraken Z63

64 GB Trident Z RGB

Sabrent Rocket SSD

Corsair HX1000 PSU

I've attatched a VERY primitive diagram of what I *think* the best set up is for my case, with everything in red being intake and everything in blue being exhaust.

I do slightly worry that with my AIO being front mounted and my other intake fans being on the bottom of the case I wont get enough air through my intake, but to be honest im such an amatuer at this im thinking I might be talking nonsense.

I haven't 100% decided on what fans I am getting yet, if im going to go full RGB with the Corsair LL or use Noctua fans.

Any input/help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

phanteks719.jpg

If it fits, I would top mount that radiator instead as exhaust. It will fit so much better without having to run the tubes around/over your GPU. Then fill the front with intake fans. If too mounting the radiator is an issue with the Kraken with the pump located in the radiator, I would swap the Kraken for something else.