Need Validation on Game/Work Station

Budget (including currency):  £2000 (GBP) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Games:-

Halo Infinite (priority), Arma 3 (2nd Priority), Halo MCC, Warzone, Satisfactory, Gamepass games (like Forza Horizon 4 flight simulator) , and finally Trainz/Train Simulator (on occasion). 

Software:-

Autodesk Inventor, Ansys, Cura (all light work, Drone designs and such). 

Streamlabs, OBS (For a casual, I don't get high views, I just find it a fun hobby). 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This will be a ground up system. I am currently using a machine with a 770 gpu and pre ryzen amd cpu... 

As for peripherals, I'm planning a seperate budget for them. I'm wanting to get my foot in the door first. 

I will be buying over the next few months. (I know this means this list won't be accurate but it'll provide a great basis!) 

I would love to play at the best res and refresh I can. It doesn't need to be 4k but if it's below that I would like it to create high fps on the lower resolution. 

A final request is that it be as unicorn sick as possible. I love RGB. I know it's childish but I love it. 

Here's a list a friendly person on reddit created for me. I don't see anything wrong at all with them! But I like to see others opinions to sort of triangulate the best path:

26 minutes ago, FondleBuddies said:

Budget (including currency):  £2000 (GBP) 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Games:-

Halo Infinite (priority), Arma 3 (2nd Priority), Halo MCC, Warzone, Satisfactory, Gamepass games (like Forza Horizon 4 flight simulator) , and finally Trainz/Train Simulator (on occasion). 

Software:-

Autodesk Inventor, Ansys, Cura (all light work, Drone designs and such). 

Streamlabs, OBS (For a casual, I don't get high views, I just find it a fun hobby). 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This will be a ground up system. I am currently using a machine with a 770 gpu and pre ryzen amd cpu... 

As for peripherals, I'm planning a seperate budget for them. I'm wanting to get my foot in the door first. 

I will be buying over the next few months. (I know this means this list won't be accurate but it'll provide a great basis!) 

I would love to play at the best res and refresh I can. It doesn't need to be 4k but if it's below that I would like it to create high fps on the lower resolution. 

A final request is that it be as unicorn sick as possible. I love RGB. I know it's childish but I love it. 

Here's a list a friendly person on reddit created for me. I don't see anything wrong at all with them! But I like to see others opinions to sort of triangulate the best path:

I find this build very capable of handling all of your workloads, but I'd rather go with an Nvidia Card, for the NVENC for streaming purposes, along with RTX voice and the other feature suite it provides. If only you could get your hands on one. Something like an RTX 3070, or 3080 would be decent. Also, CUDA is well supported throughout the different workloads that you mentioned, probably more than AMD's offerings, but I could be wrong on this.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

57 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I find this build very capable of handling all of your workloads, but I'd rather go with an Nvidia Card, for the NVENC for streaming purposes, along with RTX voice and the other feature suite it provides. If only you could get your hands on one. Something like an RTX 3070, or 3080 would be decent. Also, CUDA is well supported throughout the different workloads that you mentioned, probably more than AMD's offerings, but I could be wrong on this.

I was thinking the same on the GPU to be honest. But as you say, they're both like hens teeth at the moment! 

The only other think I was concerned about (probably unduly) is the MoBo. Will that one do the job or is it limiting the future due to its size? 

16 hours ago, FondleBuddies said:

I was thinking the same on the GPU to be honest. But as you say, they're both like hens teeth at the moment! 

The only other think I was concerned about (probably unduly) is the MoBo. Will that one do the job or is it limiting the future due to its size? 

I think the motherboard is fine as far as the future is concerned, however, regarding whether those big GPU's would fit in this case and mobo combo, if that's what you mean by size, then I think you could ask others for help, I'm no expert in hands on building and fitting stuff. However, I personally don't think it could be a problem, esp if you go with a Turing card due to the availability issue of Ampere.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

12 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I think the motherboard is fine as far as the future is concerned, however, regarding whether those big GPU's would fit in this case and mobo combo, if that's what you mean by size, then I think you could ask others for help, I'm no expert in hands on building and fitting stuff. However, I personally don't think it could be a problem, esp if you go with a Turing card due to the availability issue of Ampere.

Ach size itself is no issue, I'm not even committed to that case atm tbh! 

Thankfully I have reasonable building experiance due to my frankenstein monster machines! 

But thank you for the mobo info, that's all I wanted to know! Perfect! 

Unless you want 4 memory sticks for aesthetic reasons get a 2x16GB kit instead. This will leave two slots free if an upgrade is ever wanted.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Unless you want 4 memory sticks for aesthetic reasons get a 2x16GB kit instead. This will leave two slots free if an upgrade is ever wanted.

For about the same cost you can get a 2TB NVMe drive instead of the NVMe and SATA drives.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:26 PM, brob said:

For about the same cost you can get a 2TB NVMe drive instead of the NVMe and SATA drives.

I'll have a look into it thank you!