Server max depth 18"

I'm looking for a rack mount server with a max depth of 18 inches. I see the R220, R210, R210 II but as far as I can tell they only support 2 drives. Any other options? Ideally I'd like to stay around the $150/200 price point but open to options.

Systems:

The Three Broomsticks: EVGA GTX Titan Black - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - AMD 3900X - 4x16 GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4

USS Yorktown: Razer Blade 15 Advanced - 2080Max-Q, 4k, 60Hz

Grimmauld Place: MacPro 5,1 (Mid 2010) - EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC - Intel Xeon X5680 3.33 GHz (Westmere) - 48 GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC

USS Enterprise: MacBook Pro 9,1 (Mid 2012, 15-inch) - GeForce GT 650M & Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Intel Core i7 3720QM 2.6GHz (Ivy Bridge) - 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 - 1TB Mushkin SSD - 480GB Mushkin SSD

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Mouse: Microsoft Trackball Explorer

Other:

Phone: iPhone X 256GB

Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 3 - GPS + Cellular, Garmin Forerunner 645 Music

the short servers are sort of rare in terms of available models, and by the budget i'm presuming you're buying used.. which.. i've never seen one in use, or available second hand.

there's plenty of 'half depth' NASes that do 4 drives.. but to find a server, and to find one cheap.. the thing is that the abundance of availability is sort of what makes second hand servers cheap.

mind expanding a bit on the use case? chances are there's alternatives to figure out. the first thing that comes to mind is dig up some relatively cheap 2U chassis, and slap the components of some HP or dell SFF box in there. that is if you're not actually married to server hardware, ofcourse.

13 hours ago, manikyath said:

the short servers are sort of rare in terms of available models, and by the budget i'm presuming you're buying used.. which.. i've never seen one in use, or available second hand.

there's plenty of 'half depth' NASes that do 4 drives.. but to find a server, and to find one cheap.. the thing is that the abundance of availability is sort of what makes second hand servers cheap.

mind expanding a bit on the use case? chances are there's alternatives to figure out. the first thing that comes to mind is dig up some relatively cheap 2U chassis, and slap the components of some HP or dell SFF box in there. that is if you're not actually married to server hardware, ofcourse.

Yup, correct. A R210 II would fit the bill but as far as I can tell, it only takes 2 drives instead of the 4 I need. I'm not married to server hardware per say but since I won't have physical access a lot of the time, I sort of would like ipmi, etc. Although I could go for a sff, etc of some sort. Mostly looking for support for "4x2.5" or "2x2.5 and 2x3.5" drives(ideal). It's going to be supporting multiple 1080p/4k cameras.

Systems:

The Three Broomsticks: EVGA GTX Titan Black - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - AMD 3900X - 4x16 GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4

USS Yorktown: Razer Blade 15 Advanced - 2080Max-Q, 4k, 60Hz

Grimmauld Place: MacPro 5,1 (Mid 2010) - EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC - Intel Xeon X5680 3.33 GHz (Westmere) - 48 GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC

USS Enterprise: MacBook Pro 9,1 (Mid 2012, 15-inch) - GeForce GT 650M & Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Intel Core i7 3720QM 2.6GHz (Ivy Bridge) - 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 - 1TB Mushkin SSD - 480GB Mushkin SSD

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Mouse: Microsoft Trackball Explorer

Other:

Phone: iPhone X 256GB

Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 3 - GPS + Cellular, Garmin Forerunner 645 Music