PC Shutdown Launching Specific Games

Wilko91

Hi all

I built a new PC within the last 2-3 months and everything worked great until I tried to play Need for Speed Heat, the game would randomly shut down the PC sometimes during gameplay or sometimes during the gaming just launching. I hunted on the EA forums and saw other people had a similar issue so I assumed it was the game and moved on.

Now I'm trying to launch F1 2020 and running into the same issue where my PC will shut down (not restart) while the game is trying to launch. This happens launching 2-3 times and then will start to launch okay after that.

I've played many other games in the mean time with no issues whatsoever (Dota 2, CSGO, Cyberpunk, DayZ, GTA 5, Halo MCC, Mordhau, Raft, Civ 6, Valorant, World of Warcraft).

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro
Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3600mhz

NVIDIA RTX 2070
Corsair RM750
Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB NVME
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVME

I've ran Prime95 and the CPU never went above 85 degrees, a few loops of MemTest64 showed no errors and I ran FurMark where the GPU never went over 73 degrees so I don't believe there is any temperature issue.

I've tried doing a chkdsk as well as Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

I've tried running the GPU with 2 separate cables too and still no luck.

I'm really not sure where to go from here to diagnose the issue, unfortunately I don't have any spare parts to swap in or out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

the board has a few bios updates related to compatibility and stability so update it.