Relocating the GPU

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
9 minutes ago, Alex MacKenzie said:

Can anyone recommend a cable brand model etc that’s a good quality?

The brand names from mainstream brands are pretty expensive, when you look on Newegg and amazon you'll see quite a few manufacturers offered. Going for a black coated cable would probably have a higher chance of being quality.

By the way, the quote button I'm referring to is the one at the bottom of the post, the back arrow. You can also quote parts of someone's post instead of the entire thing by highlighting it with your mouse and clicking the quote button that appears.

Budget: $1500ish US: 

Primary use: VR Gaming 

Current comps: Asus m-ATX TUF b550 motherboard/EVGA 3060ti GPU/Ryzen 5 3600x/CORSAIR MP600 x4 1TB M.2 SSD/NOCTUA nh-L12s 120mm CPU cooler/custom case

Basically in my custom case I’m limited on the placement of the motherboard so I can place it for optimal air flow. I’ll add pictures when I can. It would really help if I could move the GPU using a bridge cable but I’m concerned that I’ll be sacrificing my precious graphics speed.  Is there a significant loss when you use a cable to relocate the GPU?  

1 minute ago, Alex MacKenzie said:

Thanks. Can you recommend a good cable?  

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

PCIe extension cables can be hit and miss, but for short distances (like 6 inches) it's not likely you'll get a shit cable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

PCIe extension cables can be hit and miss, but for short distances (like 6 inches) it's not likely you'll get a shitcable.

Quote button... right. Guess that’s why I’m a newb. Lol. Thanks for the advice. I feel better about moving it. And yes 6” is plenty. Thanks again. 

9 minutes ago, Alex MacKenzie said:

The brand names from mainstream brands are pretty expensive, when you look on Newegg and amazon you'll see quite a few manufacturers offered. Going for a black coated cable would probably have a higher chance of being quality.

By the way, the quote button I'm referring to is the one at the bottom of the post, the back arrow. You can also quote parts of someone's post instead of the entire thing by highlighting it with your mouse and clicking the quote button that appears.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You rock dude. Thanks.