New upgrade help

Joseph.k

Budget (200): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  roblox, mc, mc server, cyberpunk 2077

Other details r5 1600 af, 8gb ddr4 2666mhz, rx 460, b450 m auros mobo, 128gb sdd Ssd, hdd 1tb, have 200 dollar amazon card idk what to upgrade, I need new gpu but can't find any under 200 better than mine.

Roblox is a low end game, so you wont be worrying as much, a AMD RX580 or 570 could do the trick. This applies to Minecraft, and servers too, and depending on other hardware, you can even run it on shaders.

Don't take my word for it though, I'm only taking it as an estimate. 

As for Cyber, I really dunno' about that.

Edit: its almost IMPOSSIBLE to find it at MSRB, so- uh, happy finding 

Best bet is to go for Ebay bids man. Might be able to get a 1070 or 1660S if your lucky, though you could easily find a 1060 6GB under $200. Honestly Amazon is gonna be a terrible place to buy a new GPU, its just 3rd part scalpers.

Now that I realize it I should get a better psu, I looked mine up and it said something about 78% efficiency but I don't know much about psu.

I can tell you right now that your gpu is under minimum specs for CyberPunk, at least for 1080p low output and above. All you really need to do is upgrade the GPU, but if you do need a new PSU too make sure the GPU you're getting has need for external power or not, then buy the PSU based on if you need PCIe cables or not.

For 200 bucks on an Amazon card, you might not be able to find a decent enough gpu on Amazon itself, but if you're able to work out a trade on a local marketplace platform you can get a GPU like a GeForce 980 or, if you'd rather stay with AMD, Radeon cards tend to go for less if you're able to find somewhat-older cards.

If you can find a good PSU on Amazon then buy it and find a card like an RX 570 for like $150/$160, you can trade what's left on the card and like $10 or $20 and you'd probably find someone who will accept that.

Of course that all depends on if you're willing to buy used, and you can find a good card that meets the game's minimum requirements for a good price on the used market. That's up to you, but if you don't mind used components that's definitely a path you can take.

"... Clouds?"
Hank Hill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Build 1 (Current, built myself): CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wrath Spire Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H RAM - XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 Storage - 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe (Boot), 1TB SanDisk SATA SSD, 500GB Western Digital HDD GPU - GTX 980 Ti 6GB PSU - EVGA 600W 80+ Certified Case - Thermaltake V100 w/ 4 case fans (RaidMax Red LED 120mm back exhaust, Thermaltake 120mm top front exhaust, Zalman Blue LED 120mm front top intake, Kingwin 140mm front center intake)

Build 2 (Secondary, bought prebuild and upgraded): CPU - i5 2400 w/ stock cooler Mobo - proprietary Dell Optiplex 990 motherboard RAM - Samsung 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1333 Storage - Samsung 240GB SSD (Boot), Samsung 1TB HDD GPU - GTX 1050 Ti 4GB PSU - proprietary Dell 265W Case - Dell Optiplex 990