CPU Possibly Broken!

Go to solution Solved by Praxis727,

ITS FIXED!

I checked all the cables, unplugged them and put them back in and it worked! Thank you so much!! you honestly don't understand how happy i am, thankyou.

Also a massive thanks to everyone that suggested something, its all greatly appreciated! :)))))

Good stuff man.  Happy gaming!!

Hi, 

So the other day i had to move my computer downstairs as i had to get my room re plastered, and ever since i moved it downstairs its been having problems. i didnt drop it or do anything stupid, i just moved it downstairs.

Today i have had 2 power cuts, and each time it turned of my PC

all of the components are working apart frrom the CPU and graphics card, whick are plugged directly into the motherboard, all of my fans, the power supply and my fan monitor are on and working, and i dont know what to do, any help or suggestions of what the problem could be!

Thanks!

My Build: | CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 | Mobo: ASUS H81M-C mATX | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Storage: Seagate 1000GB SSHD | RAM: 16GB Vengance (x2 8GB) | Case: Zalman Z11+ | GPU: XFX HD 7970 DD Edition 3GB DDR5

I highly doubt that just moving your pc killed your CPU. Those two power outages may have done, do you have another system to test with ?

I just had a power supply failure. If the bios won't post then it coild be that.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Did you take everything out and put it back in. Regardless to dropping it or any of that it did get moved around.  I would check all your power cables and your ram also to be sure nothing came loose.  What are your temps because a pc will also shut down from that.

I highly doubt that just moving your pc killed your CPU. Those two power outages may have done, do you have another system to test with ?

No i have nothing:( i own the only PC in the house, my dad has one of those 'All In One' Monitor Things, and my mum has a laptop :/

My Build: | CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 | Mobo: ASUS H81M-C mATX | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Storage: Seagate 1000GB SSHD | RAM: 16GB Vengance (x2 8GB) | Case: Zalman Z11+ | GPU: XFX HD 7970 DD Edition 3GB DDR5

what are the problems? be more specific.. give us more info

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

what are the problems? be more specific.. give us more info

Basicly, the CPU Fan is not spinning, Neither are the graphics card fans, everything else is working, i have a green light on my motherboard which means it is receiving power, temps are fine, i have the door off, the Graphics card isn't emitting any Video either

Did you take everything out and put it back in. Regardless to dropping it or any of that it did get moved around.  I would check all your power cables and your ram also to be sure nothing came loose.  What are your temps because a pc will also shut down from that.

No i havent done that, i will do that if all else fails, pc temps are okay, im going to check all cables are okay now, thanks :)

do you get an error code on your mobo? does it boot to bios?

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Is the psu getting turn on...?? do u hear any whinning noise from the psu...??

ITS FIXED!

I checked all the cables, unplugged them and put them back in and it worked! Thank you so much!! you honestly don't understand how happy i am, thankyou.

Also a massive thanks to everyone that suggested something, its all greatly appreciated! :)))))

Glad that it finally worked... :)

ITS FIXED!

Good stuff man.  Happy gaming!!