Performance

FlashDab

Hey I am pretty much new here. I just had a question. Can something like stuff taaking up your storage (hhd or ssd) take away performance? I have a laptop with about 465 gigabytes of hhd storage.

only if the drive is overly full. for me anyways generally so long as I still have about 5 - 10% drive space left i don't notice any decrease, beyond that though I do notice that it starts to slow down. but this is only on mechanical drives. it might work a little differently for solid state, but I haven't filled my ssd's.... yet. my mechanical drives are remnants of older machines that I just haven't bothered to transfer all the data off of yet to my newer ssd's. but in case of mechanical drives it does matter to a point due to drive caching and just the nature of how they work.

My drive is just around 25% full. I know there is some old hardware in my laptop but also I have noticed that when I delete bigger files from my hhd it becomes a bit better. I just never knew if this makes so much difference so I came here. Thx btw for replies

I see a difference but I would like to keep this on for a bit. I will proprbly only turn it off if I am doing things that require that small bit of performance.