Gray screen

Opxxy

I built a new pc with all the part compatible and the conputer was working fine. Later when I set everything up it worked, then I used it for a day. Now it starts and after it shows me the windows logo it only shows a gray screen with the cursor. I had the machine for a year earlier before I put everything in a new case. Also I installed nzxt cam which I used to overclock my computer instead of doing it in the bios. The screen went black after I applied the settings but I turned off and on my pic and worked fine. Now it’s just gray as I’ve said. I’m looking for some help if anyone has ideas.

remove all overclocking. clear CMOS.

are you using HDD by any chance for the OS?

7 hours ago, TechNurd said:

remove all overclocking. clear CMOS.

are you using HDD by any chance for the OS?

I'm using a ssd for my os, but I guess it could be from the overclocking. Ill try to clear the cmos. Is it possible to do the battery method? Taking all usb devices out and power, removing the battery and waiting a few minutes before taking it in.

9 minutes ago, Opxxy said:

I'm using a ssd for my os, but I guess it could be from the overclocking. Ill try to clear the cmos. Is it possible to do the battery method? Taking all usb devices out and power, removing the battery and waiting a few minutes before taking it in.

thats how i usually do it. some mobo do have the clear cmos pins. if you can find those, you can just grond them and the cmos should be cleared.

6 hours ago, TechNurd said:

thats how i usually do it. some mobo do have the clear cmos pins. if you can find those, you can just grond them and the cmos should be cleared.

I removed the battery and all plugs connected to the motherboard and GPU I still have the same problem.