Having trouble with UEFI boot...

So I recently made the switch over to UEFI boot in preparation for whenever I manage to get a nVidia 30 series card, so that I can utilize resizable bar. After making the switch I have begun noticing some quirks though. 

1) I have a dual screen setup (one HDMI, the other Display Port) and my BIOS Post screen no longer appears on either of my displays (I can't even mash to still get into bios, I just don't get the option to boot to bios) BUT I have noticed that if I unplug the display port screen from my GPU then my post screen will show on my HDMI screen, but it does not exhibit the same behavior when I only plug in my Display Port screen. 

2) My system seems to be rather unstable when I am booting from UEFI. I have had numerous crashes in games that have run fine in the past, and earlier today I had windows hard lock on me. No blue screen message, it just locked up and then restarted. 

All of this seems too frustrating and weird for me to think that it is usual behavior. I am running an ASUS X570-E Gaming with a 5800X  (my gpu is a Gigabyte GTX 980) so it is possible that its because my bios is still going through stability issues, but I haven't been able to find anyone else having similar issues. I've only been able to find posts from people that say "just enable CSM Legacy mode." Which would prevent me from using resizable bar when I am able. I'm stuck at a point where I don't know if this is something that I can fix or if it is out of my control.