BSOD - bad_pool_caller?

Sarra

So, I recently upgraded from a GTX 980 to a Radeon Vega 64. I DDU - shutdown before pulling the GTX 980, and installed Adrenaline 20.11.2 drivers.

After this, my games worked just fine, except DiRT Rally. It would run until I started a race, then 2-5 seconds in, the game would CTD.

So, I spent some time messing with it today, changed all the graphics settings, exited the game from the menu and relaunched it, verified game files from Steam, etc. Then, I was able to do a few hillclimbs, no problem.

After I quit out, I got up and wandered off, and peeked back... My PC BSOD. This Windows install isn't terribly old, I built this PC in December, but this is the first BSOD I've had.

I ran a dump analyzer, and it shows an AMD Radeon driver had a bad_pool_caller. I goggled this, and the results I found say it's a system RAM problem, not an Adrenaline driver problem? I'm sorta confused... I'm really quite new to Radeon, the last one I used was literally an ATI mobile GPU chip on a PCIE 16X gen 1 AIB, and it used drivers still under the ATI name, so I'm not particularly familiar with the newest Radeon issues...

Should I reseat my RAM, reset the XMP profiles, or update the Radeon drivers to Adrenaline 20.12.1 first?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022