PCI Slot

OfficialRobert

Hi everybody I have a quick question to ask, I just finished my build and I have one last quick question. I tend to sometimes hit my desk with my chair when I turn to get out of it, if this happens a bunch overtime can this slowly damage the PCI Slot or GPU in any way, probably a stupid question but I'm just curious.

Just now, OfficialRobert said:

Hi everybody I have a quick question to ask, I just finished my build and I have one last quick question. I tend to sometimes hit my desk with my chair when I turn to get out of it, if this happens a bunch overtime can this slowly damage the PCI Slot or GPU in any way, probably a stupid question but I'm just curious.

Not that I'm aware of - the slot has a locking connector plus your GPU should be screwed into the case.

elephants

29 minutes ago, OfficialRobert said:

Depends on how hard you hit it I guess. I'd be more worried you tip over the monitor at some point. If the card is properly mounted and screwed tight, it should not get damaged that easily.

14 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Depends on how hard you hit it I guess. I'd be more worried you tip over the monitor at some point. If the card is properly mounted and screwed tight, it should not get damaged that easily.

glue will do that.. :D

46 minutes ago, OfficialRobert said:

maybe in ten years there can be 1% higher contact wear. :D no, if gpu doesnt weight 30kg and is mounted properly as it should, no, nothing should happen