My psu died, what should I do??

Real_nimr0d_3

My corsair psu ax860i which was brought from ncix on jan-28-2014 appeared to be passed away this morning after 10 hour of dota 2. The psu had a self-test button which on pressing either blinks green or red or not all and if it's red that meant something was wrong but it didn't blink at all that confirmed the death of the psu. So, what should I do?? Should I take it back to ncix or contact corsair or i'm *******??

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

RMA the thing.  :)

i would personaly contact both corsair and ncix.

Either file a claim or buy a new psu

Contact Corsair directly, they have a pretty decent RMA process. Make a ticket on their support page and they'll probably have you send that one back to them and they'll supply you with a fresh unit.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well i read more about issues with corsair psu´s lately, also the RM units had some issues with cooling.

but yeah the AX860i is a flextronics unit no seasonic, or CWT

K i've filed the ticked on corsair support , now all I can do is wait.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

My corsair psu ax860i which was brought from ncix on jan-28-2014 appeared to be passed away this morning after 10 hour of dota 2. The psu had a self-test button which on pressing either blinks green or red or not all and if it's red that meant something was wrong but it didn't blink at all that confirmed the death of the psu. So, what should I do?? Should I take it back to ncix or contact corsair or i'm *******??

just go to ncix for the warranty if they give you. i am sure they give so go and tell them your problem. and have good airflow in your case when it is repaired because the temperature might have been a problem

It's defective go to send it to ncix to get it exchanged. Im pretty sure they will

Either file a claim or buy a new psu

He does not have to BUY a new PSU, he will get a new one. 

It's defective go to send it to ncix to get it exchanged. Im pretty sure they will

just go to ncix for the warranty if they give you. i am sure they give so go and tell them your problem. and have good airflow in your case when it is repaired because the temperature might have been a problem

Corsair wants you to directly contact them. They place a nice piece of paper somewhere in the box where they say. Please contact us directly!! This is as well because they want to know how many PSU's break and needs to be RMA'd. 

Their RMA support is bloody amazing. I actually right now have an open RMA ticket. My TX650 died/went crazy just before the warrenty ended. They will ship me an RM650 back. They ship it pretty fast, hm.. 4 working days. (If they got my broken PSU 1 day after I shipped it) 

If you call NCIX you are likely getting you a new product. But this will take some time for sure.

K i've filed the ticked on corsair support , now all I can do is wait.

Their RMA support is awesome. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Yeah, I would just go through corsair. Call them if you don't get an email back soonish.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

first try to sort it out with ncix...and if it doesnt help...then no chioce...RMA....it will take time...and if it is beyond repair...ask for refund and get a new psu...

I feel incredibly stupid, i thought my psu died right after the self test button didn't work, and i even went to file a ticket on corsair website about the psu death but just now I lifted my case up to unscrew the thing and for the last time before unscrewing the thing i thought lets try one last time and it booted and the problem was the power cable that goes into the psu was loose and it just needed a wiggle.............. and the reason I was too quick to assume that my psu died was probably because i was running 3 cards and using upto 900w in a 860w psu according to carsair link. But I did get the corrupted mobo bios issue when booting but the mobo solved it itself.

He does not have to BUY a new PSU, he will get a new one. 

Corsair wants you to directly contact them. They place a nice piece of paper somewhere in the box where they say. Please contact us directly!! This is as well because they want to know how many PSU's break and needs to be RMA'd. 

Their RMA support is bloody amazing. I actually right now have an open RMA ticket. My TX650 died/went crazy just before the warrenty ended. They will ship me an RM650 back. They ship it pretty fast, hm.. 4 working days. (If they got my broken PSU 1 day after I shipped it) 

If you call NCIX you are likely getting you a new product. But this will take some time for sure.

Their RMA support is awesome. 

I said "file a claim OR buy a new one" damn learn to read kid 

I said "file a claim OR buy a new one" damn learn to read kid 

Yes, the "buy a new one" part is why I quoted you and pointed out that this is not something he has to do. Unless he really needs a new power supply instantly, then it would make some sense. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Yes, the "buy a new one" part is why I quoted you and pointed out that this is not something he has to do. Unless he really needs a new power supply instantly, then it would make some sense. 

I said file a claim OR

I said file a claim OR

Yes and I said that the part after "OR" was simply not a good option. He is still under warrenty. So no need to buy a new one. 

I love none gives a shit about the topic and everyone starts to shit talk to eachother.

Yes and I said that the part after "OR" was simply not a good option. He is still under warrenty. So no need to buy a new one. 

I have him the option just in case the warranty process failed :D k done bye