Video Editing/Gaming Storage

Hello everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker. I am building my first PC (5900x, 3060ti, 32GB RAM) for moderate 1080p video editing and light gaming (Microsoft Flight Sim mostly). I am seeing A LOT of conflicting information online on proper storage setup. I was thinking of having the following storage setup, but wanted to pass it by you awesome people on here to see what you think.

512GB NVME m.2 OS Drive

512GB NVME m.2 Project File Drive

1TB SATA SSD Gaming

4TB HDD for Misc. File Storage

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations for me? Is this an efficient setup? Thanks!

What programs are you using?

What type of footage?

For most compress 1080p workflows, it won't really made a big difference, as its pretty small files anyways(compared to 4k + footage0.

BUt that seems like a good setup, id probably get a bigger nvme for projects, as 512gb fills up fast. You can mix it with the gaming ssd if you want too.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What programs are you using?

What type of footage?

For most compress 1080p workflows, it won't really made a big difference, as its pretty small files anyways(compared to 4k + footage0.

BUt that seems like a good setup, id probably get a bigger nvme for projects, as 512gb fills up fast. You can mix it with the gaming ssd if you want too.

I'd be using Adobe Premiere Pro. Footage will be documentary style videos around 20-40 mins long. Nothing too heavily edited though. I don't know after effects but might learn for the future. The 512GB would be used as a scratch drive and only storing project files that I am working on. The finished projects will be on the HDD. Thanks for your input!

9 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I'd be using Adobe Premiere Pro. Footage will be documentary style videos around 20-40 mins long. Nothing too heavily edited though. I don't know after effects but might learn for the future. The 512GB would be used as a scratch drive and only storing project files that I am working on. The finished projects will be on the HDD. Thanks for your input!

Id still be tempted to get a 1tb or 2tb nvme drive, won't cost that much more, the space is nice, and they are often faster too, you can put your games on the extra space aswell.