Should I buy a new PSU

Gaming Riddhesh
Go to solution Solved by matt0725,

If you dont have a GPU in the system, youre technically ok as is. If you have lots of drives hooked up and stuff powered off of the PSU you could be pushing towards its limit.

If you are getting a GPU you will 100% need a new PSU before you install the GPU.

as others are probably going to say, most PSU's in that low wattage range are lower quality, so as you approach its limits you may be risking your hardware

I have 280W PSU

My PC parts are:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3400G

MOBO:MSI Pro-VDH MAX

RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistic Sport

3 minutes ago, Gaming Riddhesh said:

I have 280W PSU

My PC parts are:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3400G

MOBO:MSI Pro-VDH MAX

RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistic Sport

What PSU specifically?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

If you dont have a GPU in the system, youre technically ok as is. If you have lots of drives hooked up and stuff powered off of the PSU you could be pushing towards its limit.

If you are getting a GPU you will 100% need a new PSU before you install the GPU.

as others are probably going to say, most PSU's in that low wattage range are lower quality, so as you approach its limits you may be risking your hardware

15 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

I am gonna add 1TB and 280 GB Drives

2 minutes ago, Gaming Riddhesh said:

I am gonna add 1TB and 280 GB Drives

Those shouldnt push you over the edge power wise, but again depending on brand and quality it all starts to get closer and closer to overloading it. PSU's also degrade over time and wont put out their full rated power eventually.

2 minutes ago, matt0725 said:

Those shouldnt push you over the edge power wise, but again depending on brand and quality it all starts to get closer and closer to overloading it. PSU's also degrade over time and wont put out their full rated power eventually.

Will keep in mind.