Computer Not Turning On

andyroo19

Specs: Ryzen 3 3200G

ASROCK B450M HDV

CX650M

NZXT H510

So basically long story short press the power button, nothing. Short the pins, nothing. I've reseated the ram. I went out and bought a whole new power supply so its not that, all the connections are good. But nothing happens. The psu is set to on (1). How this happened is that I bought a new case, took my old pc parts and put them in the new case and it just wont work. I'm lost and i feel like I'm pretty knowledgeable about computer if someone could help me that'd be great. Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the part that confuses me most is that when I plug in my mouse and keyboard they light up, when I'm fairly certain usb is one of the last things to get power even on startup.

some motherboards are not compatible with some cases especially if the motherboard came from a prebuilt

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

my guess is that you may have left a standoff screw on or off where its not supposed to be. but you could try setting up a test bench outside of the case to see if it is shorting out. 

@richodude Its a regular b450 mobo, matx. When i built the pc originally i just bought a garbage case, that's why i got a new one