GPU Display case that allows the graphics card to light up

Graysonman

I am trying to find some sort of case, or way I can make my galactic empire Titan light up while not installed in a pc. I could get a power supply and and jump the 24 pin connector but then I would need to get another power supply and would rather not. Does anyone have a way they can have their old gpus on display and light up or fans spinning without it being installed in a pc? I've seen some theoretical posts on it but never seen a finished product of it. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Graysonman said:

I am trying to find some sort of case, or way I can make my galactic empire Titan light up while not installed in a pc. I could get a power supply and and jump the 24 pin connector but then I would need to get another power supply and would rather not. Does anyone have a way they can have their old gpus on display and light up or fans spinning without it being installed in a pc? I've seen some theoretical posts on it but never seen a finished product of it. Thanks!

You can solder some wires to the leds on the card and hook them up to a battery. Another way would be to get a external PCI-e adapter and plug the card into that. Then you would need to build yourself a nice plexi housing with a solid bottom peace that houses a sfx power supply. You will need to have the GPU power plugs connected, otherwise the card may spin at full speed. Again, soldering some wires to the leds may be the easiest solution.