Finished build usb problem

Thebudgetbuildguy

Right so hey guys, just finished my build but my usb 2.0 front panel doesn't seem to work it was in F_USB1 should it be in F_USB 2 or not ill provide pictures if need be. 

It's on the b450m ds3h

21 minutes ago, Thebudgetbuildguy said:

Right so hey guys, just finished my build but my usb 2.0 front panel doesn't seem to work it was in F_USB1 should it be in F_USB 2 or not ill provide pictures if need be. 

It's on the b450m ds3h

You could have bad USB ports on the front panel, or your USB on the motherboard could be dead. Those Gigabyte ultradurable boards aren't great, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the USB headers was busted on it. It doesn't matter which one you plug into, so try plugging it in to the other one and see if the first one was just dead. If it doesn't fix it, the USBs on your case are probably bad.

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You could have bad USB ports on the front panel, or your USB on the motherboard could be dead. Those Gigabyte ultradurable boards aren't great, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the USB headers was busted on it. It doesn't matter which one you plug into, so try plugging it in to the other one and see if the first one was just dead. If it doesn't fix it, the USBs on your case are probably bad.

That's so strange It worked fine on the a330m-k I have lying about ill just swap it into the F_USB2 port see if it fixes it could be dead but my logic was f1 for the first one f2 for the second one. If its dead its dead cheers

On 12/27/2020 at 12:32 AM, Thebudgetbuildguy said:

That's so strange It worked fine on the a330m-k I have lying about ill just swap it into the F_USB2 port see if it fixes it could be dead but my logic was f1 for the first one f2 for the second one. If its dead its dead cheers

Edit: Worked by sticking it in f_usb2 probably because it's a 3.0 and a 2.0 unless your right and 1 was broke none the less. Cheers for the support though stay safe.