newest build started.

i have started my new gaming rig and was looking for some opinions on it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/UFRC

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

I would ditch the thermal compound/paste/gel/whatever you want to call it haha.

Swap the two 660s for a 680 or a 670. I'd stick with single cards for now since the drivers are much more stable and better optimized. There are issues with games not wanting to scaling well with SLI/Crossfire.

Other then the above mentioned you are good to go :)

Great build overall and would love to see a build log post and some pics when you're building/finished with it

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

- Can you upgrade to the H100i or Tt Water 2.0 Extreme? (i.e. is it in the budget?)

- Ditch half of the RAM (8GB is sufficient)

- I'd personally upgrade that SSD to at least 128GB - 64GB to me just isn't enough for my applications, but to each his own.

- You could do with only one of those 660s - personally I'd get a 670. Up to you.

- I assume those SP120s are for the rads? Switch out stock fans if not.

- Do you need to read Bluray discs?

i have always been more for corsair product when possible. i will look at the 680, price is no problem for this. i have 2,000 to spend but have decided on this system. thanks for the opinions i will look into those.

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]