Razer 8kHz prototype mouse!

howiec

So I was lucky enough to receive a Razer 8kHz prototype mouse.

Some initial impressions:

• Very noticeable improvement in responsiveness & smoothness
    • Easier to make fine & precise aim adjustments
    • Greater motion clarity & easier tracking
  • Still noticeable even with lower FPS (e.g. 60 vs 360)
  • I noticed the Focus+ sensor's improvement over standard sensors like the 3389, but the combo of firmware changes + 8kHz makes this prototype sensor/mode way better than my Viper Ultimate that also has Focus+

Tested thus far (will add more titles):

• Apex Legends
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Doom Eternal

I really hope all future mice will have 2, 4, & 8kHz polling options too.  I feel it's a must have for the serious gamer, especially if you have a high refresh rate monitor and an optimized system.

==========================================================

Current test setup (main specs):

• 9700k @ 5GHz all-core, 0 AVX offset, 46 uncore (I chose no HT on purpose)
  • 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 13-13-13-28-350, Dual-rank
  • Maximus X Hero WiFi (Z370)
  • Strix 3090 OC'd
  • PG259QN  (360 Hz)
  • 27GN950-B  (160 Hz)
  • PG258Q  (240 Hz)

Important Note:

I have a very optimized, high-end rig, and also tend to notice even minor latency, stutter, and performance issues.

1 hour ago, Qaeo said:

Can you share any pics?

Probably not of the packaging because it's unreleased marketing stuff and I'm under NDA.

However, the mouse shell/enclosure itself is basically a Viper.

So all these 8kHz mice are prototypes for now. We've seen Linus demo one just lately. Should be fun to see more in time. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

So all these 8kHz mice are prototypes for now. We've seen Linus demo one just lately. Should be fun to see more in time. 

AtomPalm Hydrogen is supposedly coming out Q1 '21.

However, I can say that the Focus+ sensor (I also have the Viper Ultimate) is the best sensor + firmware combo I've used. And I've tested many mice with your typical sensors/firmware. So I hope Razer will release mice with 8kHz asap.  The reason they haven't yet is because of potential incompatibility issues with games, apps, or OS.

Just to name a few of the mice I've used in the past (yeah many of these use the same sensor):

• MM720 (previous main)
  • M4
  • O
  • O-
  • MM710
  • SK-S Ace
  • FK2
  • S2 Divina
  • Kone Pure Optical
  • Kone EMP
  • G305

45 minutes ago, howiec said:

AtomPalm Hydrogen is supposedly coming out Q1 '21.

However, I can say that the Focus+ sensor (I also have the Viper Ultimate) is the best sensor + firmware combo I've used. And I've tested many mice with your typical sensors/firmware. So I hope Razer will release mice with 8kHz asap.  The reason they haven't yet is because of potential incompatibility issues with games, apps, or OS.

Just to name a few of the mice I've used in the past (yeah many of these use the same sensor):

• MM720 (previous main)
  • M4
  • O
  • O-
  • MM710
  • SK-S Ace
  • FK2
  • S2 Divina
  • Kone Pure Optical
  • Kone EMP
  • G305

Yeah I'm curious to see them on future fast monitors for sure. 480Hz+ it will definitely matter more with faster monitors in time.

Though all 3360 based sensors are very good. Maybe with some outliers that I've had and seen issues but yeah.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |