PC wifi, Please Help!

Archerr

Hello,

I logged into my pc this morning and everything was working fine, I go back onto it 3 hours later, and there is no wifi! This is now the THIRD time this has happened! I reinstalled windows, moved my wifi card to a different pcie slot and tried a new wifi card. Now my card doesn't even show up in device manager only the new usb one does, the usb one only picks up my phones hotspot not my actual wifi network. My pcie wifi card doesn't have any of the lights on it turned on which makes it seem like the card is not getting powered. 

If anyone knows how to help, please let me know.

Maybe the old wifi card has hardware issue? I would suggest trying installing that card onto other PC if it's not too much to work on.

Also is there any frequency band setting in the new/usb wifi card? I noticed this when helping my mom trying to connect her old phone to her newer one mobile hotspot and it didn't succeed, turns out the newer phone broadcast its signal on 5 GHz. After I tried to switch it to 2.4 GHz it worked as the older phone probably cannot catch the 5 GHz band.

1 minute ago, AbdulMubdiBIndarNewbie said:

Maybe the old wifi card has hardware issue? I would suggest trying installing that card onto other PC if it's not too much to work on.

Also is there any frequency band setting in the new/usb wifi card? I noticed this when helping my mom trying to connect her old phone to her newer one mobile hotspot and it didn't succeed, turns out the newer phone broadcast its signal on 5 GHz. After I tried to switch it to 2.4 GHz it worked as the older phone probably cannot catch the 5 GHz band.

My wifi is 2.4 and 5ghz my wifi card is set to 2.4ghz, also both cards worked yesterday and this morning, I haven’t changed anything.

UPDATE:

The computer picks up the wifi card but it still doesn't show any wifi networks

On 12/13/2020 at 4:20 AM, Archerr said:

UPDATE:

The computer picks up the wifi card but it still doesn't show any wifi networks

Okay, first thing check the physical connections to the computer, such as unplugging it and waiting 30 seconds to two minutes. Now for the software side I would go into CMD.exe and type in a few commands.

netsh ip reset
netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew

If that doesn't work you can reset the device, go into settings WIN+I (that is an easy shortcut) then you can go to the search bar and type in something along the lines of reset network or something along the lines of that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 3:50 AM, ItsTrenMan said:

Okay, first thing check the physical connections to the computer, such as unplugging it and waiting 30 seconds to two minutes. Now for the software side I would go into CMD.exe and type in a few commands.

netsh ip reset
netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew

If that doesn't work you can reset the device, go into settings WIN+I (that is an easy shortcut) then you can go to the search bar and type in something along the lines of reset network or something along the lines of that.

Thanks for all the help everyone, the card seems to be broken, i ordered a new one it works fine, thank you all for the help