Google Home + Philips Hue linking is broken

igniparra

Hi guys!

I spent an hour with Google Support (Which is worse than all the ones we laughed about in mistery shopper) because apparently the Philips Hue API isn't working as Google wants it to be.

Thing is, I added a bulb and tried to sync Google Home, and it wasn't working, so I unlinked the Philips Hue account from Google Home, and when I try to add it again, a browser opens an OAUTH link with a blank page. Upon further inspection, it shows "the server responded with a status of 405 (Method Not Allowed)", which should indicate that it's using post instead of get, or something like that.

Anyways, after an hour of a guy allegedly called Erick, asking me to delete and reinstall system apps, asking me my android version, and a lot of other useless things (Useless in this context at least) I decided to write this, in part as a catharsis method, and also to see if anybody has a workaround, or has experienced similar issues.

Thanks for reading!

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much same issue, hue had worked just fine via the google home app. All of the sudden it stopped working so i tried deleting and reconnecting the account. But now it says, something went wrong, check your connection.... Sent multiple emails to google but they dont respond... I also deleted my hue account from passwords.google in the hope that i can type in my account manually. Nothing worked and now my google home does not work with hue and its been for a couple of months now. Please Google/Hue, fix this!!!!!!!