Headset Reccomendations?

fmt1

Looking to get a new headset and I'm curious what kind of recommendations you guys have.  Currently I have a Hyperx Cloud but the microphone doesn't seem to be working on PC anymore, only Xbox. Any suggestions for a replacement?  Budget is ~$50-70.

Buy some headphones and buy a mic. Headsets across the board are garbage and you are paying for 'branding' and branding only.

1 minute ago, Koitsu said:

Buy some headphones and buy a mic. Headsets across the board are garbage and you are paying for 'branding' and branding only.

Not entirely true. There are headsets that sound good. Headsets like the cooler master mh751/2 are good buy if  you can stretch the budget to $80. I also just got the pc38x and they sound amazing at least compared to what I was using. So saying that all are garbage and you're paying for the branding is false. I agree that most headsets under preform for the price but if you know where to look you can find good ones.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

Not entirely true. There are headsets that sound good. Headsets like the cooler master mh751/2 are good buy if  you can stretch the budget to $80. I also just got the pc38x and they sound amazing at least compared to what I was using. So saying that all are garbage and you're paying for the branding is false. I agree that most headsets under preform for the price but if you know where to look you can find good ones.

> the cooler master mh751/2 are good buy

These are objectively terrible

As for the pc38x is like.. not terrible, but not good by any means, and the thing is for a hundred and eighty so bucks, you can buy WAY better headphones, and then literally buy any cheap lapel mic or otherwise and you're getting better sound on both ends. This makes sense only if like... you travel with your rig a lot and need a smaller package or something, then I can understand, but for 98% of people, you're saving money and getting better hardware if you get headphones and mic separately.

7 minutes ago, Koitsu said:

and the thing is for a hundred and eighty so bucks,

I don't where you're looking but on drop I bought if for 150 before shipping and taxes. A good lapel mic is like what 30? dollars so this is more of a 120 dollar headphone. I don't know headphones in the 120 dollar mark that can compete with the build quality, comfort, and sound signature of the pc38x. Though thats not the reason I bought them. I just got them because they were black and yellow/gold and my build is going to be black and gold.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

21 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

I just got them because they were black and yellow/gold and my build is going to be black and gold.

and there you have it folks