Preformance issue, bottleneck?

Nitro
Go to solution Solved by ACatWithThumbs,

What are the GPU temps?
My cousin has a GTX770 and for some reason he got huge FPS drops when it went over 72c.

Problem with game FPS and preformance drop once the OS has been running for a few hours. After some time, I get drastic preformance drops even games like CS:GO, Minecraft or WoW.

I've attached a pic of GPU-Z, CPU-Z and CPUID. The temps never seem to get much over that, increase of 5-9c* generally between idle and gaming with my liquid cooling.

post-65178-0-53286700-1394930952_thumb.p

Is it maybe the ram? Does ram usage increase over time or is at 100% constantly? Because from what you've shown its not to do with any kind of throttling, because temperatures seem fine.

I highly doubt that there is any bottle necking going on. Temps seem fantastic. My only thought might be is that the longer you game, the more your ram is allocated and that might be what's causing the performance degradation over time. How much ram are you running?

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Your GPU voltages are really low? I assume you haven't run any games since restart. 

I've got 8gb of ram, and I've never seem to have used over 60-70% of it at a time I've checked. 

Your GPU voltages are really low? I assume you haven't run any games since restart. 

No, I haven't ran anything at this boot.

I seem to score around 1150-1200 at Heaven_Benchmark when I run it at boot, but only around 800-900 if I've used the computer for couple of hours or more, possibly a faulty video card? I used to have older one, it was generally low but didn't seem to have this sort of issue.

What are the GPU temps?
My cousin has a GTX770 and for some reason he got huge FPS drops when it went over 72c.

RTX2070OC 

What are the GPU temps?

Ran Heaven for an hour when I set the video card up, didn't get over 65c, which I figured would be acceptable. Got the TwinFrozr edition of the card.

Do you believe the Voltage would be the problem? I could try to kick it a bit higher manually and try, if it'd give you more information.

What are the GPU temps?

Thanks alot, cranked up the target temperature trought EVGA-Precicion and the problem disappeared. (What's weird is that it never even reached the standard target temperature, tho'...?)

Thanks alot, cranked up the target temperature trought EVGA-Precicion and the problem disappeared. (What's weird is that it never even reached the standard target temperature, tho'...?)

I think it's a bug with GPU boost 2.0.

RTX2070OC 

I think it's a bug with GPU boost 2.0.

Likely. Well, glad it's solved now. Can't believe I didn't try that before.

Problem with game FPS and preformance drop once the OS has been running for a few hours. After some time, I get drastic preformance drops even games like CS:GO, Minecraft or WoW.

You realize that WoW is a cpu limited game? 30 fps is pretty normal for any 4670K@5GHz there.

What kinda fps drops are we having about? 

You realize that WoW is a cpu limited game? 30 fps is pretty normal for any 4670K@5GHz there.

What kinda fps drops are we having about? 

It's solved, problem was with video card. I can run smooth 60fps constantly now.

It's solved, problem was with video card. I can run smooth 60fps constantly now.

Well by default theyre at 79°, so how can you have throttling at 65°? Could be your clock was running in 2d mode (324MHz)

Well by default theyre at 79°, so how can you have throttling at 65°? Could be your clock was running in 2d mode (324MHz)

Yeah, it is 79°c, I have no idea how it works as my temps never went over 75°c, still don't... but the problem vanished when I turned target temp to 95°c.

Hmm, just one more thing.. It says on Heaven that my memory is running 3505MHz, but shouldn't you multiply the 1753MHz by four instead of two with DDR5?

It's called thermal throttling.

Hmm, just one more thing.. It says on Heaven that my memory is running 3505MHz, but shouldn't you multiply the 1753MHz by four instead of two with DDR5?

No, DDR stands for Double Data Rate :) no matter what generation it is you always multiply with 2 :)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b1964/msi-gtx-770-lightning.html

Sorry if I ask stupid questions, but what means "7012MHz effective"?

It's not a stupid question at all, since GDDR5 is "quad pumped" it's "effective clock" is 7012MHZ (1753x4=7012) so that's it's effective clock, vs 3505MHz (or 3506MHz) which would be "real clock". That's the main difference between GDDR3 and GDDR5, the GDDR5 is quad pumped thus having a 2xbetter effective clock compared to GDDR3, but it's still DoubleDataRate so it's real clock is still base clock multiplied by 2.

Have in mind that I'm no engineer and that I might be wrong as I'm completely self-taught.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

It's not a stupid question at all, since GDDR5 is "quad pumped" it's "effective clock" is 7012MHZ (1753x4=7012) so that's it's effective clock, vs 3505MHz (or 3506MHz) which would be "real clock". That's the main difference between GDDR3 and GDDR5, the GDDR5 is quad pumped thus having a 2xbetter effective clock compared to GDDR3, but it's still DoubleDataRate so it's real clock is still base clock multiplied by 2.

Have in mind that I'm no engineer and that I might be wrong as I'm completely self-taught.

Alright, thank you. All thease things sometimes just really gets me confused, as for my friend who's got a different card, it just shows the cclock at heaven benchmark. : P