Custom length Cablemod cables question

Scruffy90
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

1. get a piece of paracord tape it to your PSU, run it to where your connector is leaving it loose, mark it measure how long it is to the mark, add 5 inches, thats how long it should be.

(you could also just measure your current PSU cables)

2. unless it's an option in the configurator, then no.

3. it depends, do you value the organization in your case enough to spend that much money on cables?

I want to get some custom length cable mod cables, predominantly because my case is a rats nest of cables because of all the excess. How do I figure out the following?

1. Exact length of cable I need?
  2. If I could attach more connecters, say like more than 3 connectors to the sata psu cable?
  3. Is it worth it in the long haul?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1. get a piece of paracord tape it to your PSU, run it to where your connector is leaving it loose, mark it measure how long it is to the mark, add 5 inches, thats how long it should be.

3. it depends, do you value the organization in your case enough to spend that much money on cables?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

17 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Thanks for the advice. 

I guess it all comes down to number 3. Technically no, since anything that is immediately visible on the exposed side of the case is clean. However, when I do like the ability to quickly be able to swap things should anything go wrong.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14