Help with camera

Help with new webcam. Hey guys so I have a custom built pc with an MSI B550 edge wifi motherboard and I’m running windows 10 20h2. I bought a camera today that is supposed to be a plug and play and it does do that on my MacBook and super easily, it unfortunately doesn’t work on my pc. This sucks because I need it for school. I did everything in the device manager and it still doesn’t pop up in the device manager.

Model of webcam? I guess the autorun file didn't run. You might have to download the drivers or maybe there is a partition in "This PC" ?

Just now, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Model of webcam? I guess the autorun file didn't run. You might have to download the drivers or maybe there is a partition in "This PC" ?

The model is some $70 one I got from Best Buy called aluratek. And no I didn’t get any auto run downloads for my Mac and my pc but it worked perfectly fine on the Mac. I don’t even have the camera icon on device manager to update drivers and I’m kind of a noob so I don’t know how to find them manually. I also have no idea what a partition is.

https://aluratek.com/hd-1080p-webcam-wide

I think this is what you're talking about. Indeed it should be a plug and play.. It happens sometimes. This is a what a autorun partition looks like which I was talking about :

1.thumb.png.6f52339c0462cd9133ddd43026721a0e.png

See the Oneplus Drivers partition? That is where the autorun files for the necessary drivers are. MAYBE there is one too on your PC.. Check and update :)

6 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

https://aluratek.com/hd-1080p-webcam-wide

I think this is what you're talking about. Indeed it should be a plug and play.. It happens sometimes. This is a what a autorun partition looks like which I was talking about :

1.thumb.png.6f52339c0462cd9133ddd43026721a0e.png

See the Oneplus Drivers partition? That is where the autorun files for the necessary drivers are. MAYBE there is one too on your PC.. Check and update :)

Is there any other place the partitions would be and are they al called one plus or would it be a different name for me

image.jpg

image.jpg

ok.. What is that error on SCSI scanner device? Try dealing with that, restarting, plugging into different USB ports.

Sorry, I'm no genius, I feel like I'm wasting your time -__-  But try the above mentioned things, Idk how else we can solve this..

2 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

ok.. What is that error on SCSI scanner device? Try dealing with that, restarting, plugging into different USB ports.

Sorry, I'm no genius, I feel like I'm wasting your time -__-  But try the above mentioned things, Idk how else we can solve this..

Idk man 😂 at least you’re trying I appreciate it. But the scanner I added manually following some video but it didn’t seem to work

18 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

restarting, plugging into different USB ports

?? Try on another windows machine?

?? Try on another windows machine?

Yea I just tried on my parents laptop and it worked fine, I couldn’t tell if there was a download for it, if so it was very quick. On their laptop it also popped up in device management but for some reason my 2k pc doesn’t work with it 😂

2 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

Yea I just tried on my parents laptop and it worked fine, I couldn’t tell if there was a download for it, if so it was very quick. On their laptop it also popped up in device management but for some reason my 2k pc doesn’t work with it 😂

I guess try plugging in your parent's laptop and open "This PC" and see if there is a new partition there... It might say the name of the company

5 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

I guess try plugging in your parent's laptop and open "This PC" and see if there is a new partition there... It might say the name of the company

This is the only name it gives me. I checked in this pc tab and there was no partitions 

image.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nelly224 said:

This is the only name it gives me. I checked in this pc tab and there was no partitions 

image.jpg

Go to the driver menu.. and send screenshot again pls

Go to the driver menu.. and send screenshot again pls

This?

image.jpg

What you can do now is,

Go to Device Manager on your PC and select "Scan for hardware changes". Let it do its thing and Restart.

Check if you've disabled access to camera in Privacy Tab in windows settings??

😶

8 hours ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

What you can do now is,

Go to Device Manager on your PC and select "Scan for hardware changes". Let it do its thing and Restart.

Check if you've disabled access to camera in Privacy Tab in windows settings??

😶

i did all of that and it still doesnt pop up. its so weird. works perfectly fine on every other device besides my $2k pc lol. i tried contacting MSI and they just keep telling me the same things.