Compact gaming rig

Scrunshes

Budget (including currency): around 1000€ but can exceed if it makes sense

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Detroit become human, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk...

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

No peripheral needed.

Current monitor is 2K 60Hz.

My existing rig is more than 5 years old (though I changed the power supply and GPU “recently”).

I wish to reuse (at first)my existing GTX 1070ti and the power supply (750watt if I remember correctly).

I wish to get a compact case such as the NZXT H210i but i’m wondering wether I will be able to switch to a RTX 3000 card later since they are so big.

For the CPU i’m wondering wether to choose a Ryzen 5 3600 or a 5600.

For the rest of the system : I thought of a big nvme main drive and help it with a big ssd + my current hdds (2).

As to memory 16GB should do the trick, but at what frequency : is 3200Mhz enough (since ryzen seems to like high frequency ram) ?

Not going for ultra performance but a rig for the next 5 years which makes sense.

Thanks for your help 😀

Here's three possibilities. The Ryzen is faster by a bit but more expensive. The i5 is very slightly worse in gaming, and definately worse in workloads. The i7 is very slightly worse in gaming than the Ryzen and similar in workloads. By 2K do you mean 1080p or 1440? Personally I'd get the i7 because it's a $130 cheaper for a very small difference, especially at higher resolutions. PSU is overkill but you'll need it if you ever get a 3080

If you want a PC that will be futureproof for the next 5 years, upgrade your GPU to an rtx 3070/80. Here is what you asked for(ignore the make/model of psu)

18 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Here's three possibilities. The Ryzen is faster by a bit but more expensive. The i5 is very slightly worse in gaming, and definately worse in workloads. The i7 is very slightly worse in gaming than the Ryzen and similar in workloads. By 2K do you mean 1080p or 1440? Personally I'd get the i7 because it's a $130 cheaper for a very small difference, especially at higher resolutions. PSU is overkill but you'll need it if you ever get a 3080

the OP said that the PSU is already in hand.