Back-light bleed okay?

rmills55
Go to solution Solved by Jumballi,

backlight bleed is not gonna break the monitor, but it's a thing that will exist while LCD pannel technology is where it's at today. Once I had to replace a monitor because of dead pixels a few times, and on all those monitors, and other monitors I've had, backlight bleed is just a thing that exists.

Hi all I've returned my new monitor after it would randomly turn off and got an msi 144hz one (1080p 27inch ips). 

Now I know the laptop one is god awful, but is that quite good for the monitor display for back light bleed? Played a match of zombies seemed okay, any dark films/games I can try to make sure it's okay for me? 

I know camera always makes it look worse but the laptop one is pretty unplayable! 

Thank you 

received_137969571138470.jpeg

backlight bleed is not gonna break the monitor, but it's a thing that will exist while LCD pannel technology is where it's at today. Once I had to replace a monitor because of dead pixels a few times, and on all those monitors, and other monitors I've had, backlight bleed is just a thing that exists.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

3 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Hey, I know I learnt that when I got the laptop. Would you say that amount of back light bleed is a good amount tho? Not as bad as lots I've seen online! 

Just now, rmills55 said:

Hey, I know I learnt that when I got the laptop. Would you say that amount of back light bleed is a good amount tho? Not as bad as lots I've seen online! 

For the laptop that's excesive, I think that would be covered by the warranty if it's still under it, worst case scenario you can just replace the pannel yourself(maybe to a better one).
As for the monitor, that looks like what most of my other monitors have, so yeah, we dream for a day when we can truly join the dark mode master race.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

If ur up for a DIY fix for the laptop, see if u can access the screws holding in the panel (they sometimes have small caps to hide them), tighten / loosen around the areas of BLB, it can help.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

The laptop is still in warrenty, but last time they had it, they had it nearly 3 months for a simple WiFi card swap! So like hell are they getting that form me again! 

@SolarNova I think it's caused by the hindge location. If you slightly push screen up or down holding from different points of top, it slightly changes where the bleed comes from. Terrible screen flex! But I will look and give it a go :)