"Custom" Front Panel Leds

Hello everyone, first post here

I have build a custom open "pc case" which I use as a main pc for pc repair. Due to that reason, I need to plug new components regularly for testing and repair.

Currently, I am using some "angel eye" 12V momentary button switches for on/off and reset as well as HDD and on/off leds similar to these one https://www.amazon.com/Display-Power-Button-Push-Buttons-Switch/dp/B07KM8JYYV

As those buttons leds are 12V I have connected the leds with a PnP transistor and draw 12V from my power supply. However with my setup I haven't managed to make the HDD led blink according to HDD usage.

It came to my attention that a 5V variety of those leds/buttons are available which will make my setup much simpler as they will not need additional 12V voltage from the PSU. However, I am not quite sure if those will do the trick as probably will draw much more current compared to regular leds used in front panels. If I remember correctly, standard front panel leds are 5V rated.

Has anyone tried something similar before or knows if the capabilities of front panel current output is enough to drive such a led?