Android system-wide LUT

trylo

Hi!

I need an app that will work on the system level and change the image displayed based on a .cube file.

So everything that is being displayed is converted by the .cube file. .cube file is a LUT (a look up table) that converts displayed image. ie. it changes the pixel that RGB values are 125,132,9 to 135,200,100 (just an example). It's kind of a "filter".

Basically what I want to achieve is: I select a .cube file and everything that is displayed on my android device is being transformed accordingly to that file. I need it for apps that don't support LUTs. Maybe the Android OS will have to be rooted for this.

I hope I was clear, if not please feel free to ask me any question. Would an app like that be possible?

14 minutes ago, trylo said:

Maybe the Android OS will have to be rooted for this.

The OS absolutely needs to be rooted for this. An app cannot modify what other apps show on screen, for security reasons. This would open the door to all kinds of shenanigans.

14 minutes ago, trylo said:

I hope I was clear, if not please feel free to ask me any question. Would an app like that be possible?

Not really. And app can't see what other apps show on screen and typically can't even put itself in front of other apps for security reasons. Your best bet would be a modified OS that applies a filter to images, whenever an appropriate API call is made.

Just keep in mind that this won't work if an app decides to draw to the screen directly. At the end of the day everything is just pixels on a screen, so deciding what is and isn't an image may be tricky.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Thank you for your answer Eigenvektor. I was afraid it's not going to be easy.

In this case I'm left with hope that Sony will include LUT support in their Imaging Edge Mobile App.