New Build, please help

Heroi

Budget (including currency): ~1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CS, GTA etc

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was thinking that this was pretty good. Would be upgrading from and i5 + 1060 6gb. Just gonna re-use old ram and storage stuff. Any suggestions? Also the 5700xt I had been looking at got bought so I just put in the suggest PC Partpicker one. Anyone know where I can get one now thats not gouged or am I just going to have to wait? Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, Heroi said:

Budget (including currency): ~1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CS, GTA etc

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I was thinking that this was pretty good. Would be upgrading from and i5 + 1060 6gb. Just gonna re-use old ram and storage stuff. Any suggestions? Also the 5700xt I had been looking at got bought so I just put in the suggest PC Partpicker one. Anyone know where I can get one now thats not gouged or am I just going to have to wait? Thanks in advance

1. Go with ryzen, better bang your buck

2. You don’t have a PSU

3. That case has bad airflow, put a new o e

4. Stock is horrible this week, wait about 1 - 2 weeks and then try to build another list, normally 5700xts can be found for under 390 but not today

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 minutes ago, Downkey said:

2. You don’t have a PSU

3. That case has bad airflow, put a new o e

4. Stock is horrible this week, wait about 1 - 2 weeks and then try to build another list, normally 5700xts can be found for under 390 but not today

On another note that i7 is outdated and it's a much better idea to either get the better new ryzens or the i5 10600 to avoid being stuck on a 8core/8thread cpu.

All the other points especially the case are solid

Which Ryzen do you think and what mobo? I have a PSU just forgot to mention I was re-using that too. Any case suggestions? My main goal is going to be running 1440p @ 144hz so is the 5700xt going to be up for that? If not what GPU and any idea who's gonna have stock on it?

3 minutes ago, Downkey said:

Ryzen isn't really better bang for buck, it's better future upgrade-ability. The 8th and 9th gen intel cpu's are pretty cheap compared to ryzen. If he gets a cheaper z390 motherboar he'll be saving money compared to a 3700X and a b450 Tomahawk.

1 hour ago, WikiForce said:

people still recommend 1st or 2nd gen ryzen so i think 9th gen i7 is fine too, it has decent ipc and 6c/12t is pretty much the sweet spot for gaming nowadays

The 9700k is an 8 core no ht hence why I don't recommend it. I am looking at the future aka 2 years forward to when the ps5 and xbox x are the main consoles and you know devs are not gonna super optimize their games to run on stuff below 16 threads well