Ethernet connection working intermittently?

juice_008

Recently I've been having this issue where my ethernet connection will drop randomly for short amounts of time. I am the only one this happens to in my house, so I'm pretty sure its not my router (besides the fact that Wifi doesn't go down with ethernet). I got a PCIE ethernet card to see if that would help, but nothing. I have an Asus Prime X570-P with a Ryzen 5 3600. I checked to make sure the CPU was seated correctly and that no pins were bent, and I can't see anything wrong on the MOBO. I also replaced the ethernet cable that runs to my computer since I thought that was the issue, but did not help. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Hi First of all we need to know specs more than cpu and mobo:

And after that Check For:

Network Drivers.

Recent Updates.

Changes you have done to the system both hardware and software.

Check And Make Sure you have not had System Problems wide not only the network issue you are having recently.

Fresh Windows Install? Last Resort If neither of this steps work. 

On 11/30/2020 at 1:16 PM, juice_008 said:

Recently I've been having this issue where my ethernet connection will drop randomly for short amounts of time. I am the only one this happens to in my house, so I'm pretty sure its not my router (besides the fact that Wifi doesn't go down with ethernet). I got a PCIE ethernet card to see if that would help, but nothing. I have an Asus Prime X570-P with a Ryzen 5 3600. I checked to make sure the CPU was seated correctly and that no pins were bent, and I can't see anything wrong on the MOBO. I also replaced the ethernet cable that runs to my computer since I thought that was the issue, but did not help. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Have you tried a different port on the router? Ethernet cables are prone to interference. How long is the cable?

Thanks for the replies. I ended up fixing it with a new LAN driver from ASUS.